Chapter 3

Broadway hurried back to the castle, hoping his brother had gone back, but when he got there, the rest of the clan had looked for him too around the castle, and Brooklyn wasn't there. The human he and Brook had fought had obviously taken him. But who were they? What would they want him for? Why did they take just Brooklyn and not him too? So many questions that needed answers.

When Broadway landed on the battlements, he met with the clan.

"Where's Brooklyn?" Goliath asked.

"That's what I would like to know." Broadway said.

"What happened to him?" Angela asked.

"We were patrolling together, and we heard noises of a fight going down in an alley. We went down to see and went to stop this gang about to hurt one man that they had cornered. We stopped them, then we were both darted. We both blacked out and after that, I don't know. When I woke up, Brooklyn was gone." Broadway explained sadly. He took Angela's hand in his.

Angela remembered what happened to Brooklyn about a year ago, and already he was captured again. "But were these the same people who caught him before, or someone different?" she asked.

"We will find out, my daughter," Goliath said. "And we will like before find Brooklyn before he gets hurt or worse."

"We will not let what happened to him before happen again," Hudson declared.

There was still lots of night left. The whole clan went to go start looking at where the scene of the crime happened first and go from there. They would find their missing Second.

....

The men got Brooklyn back to their new hideout. One man was waiting outside for them with a gurney.

Brooklyn's hands were undone from behind his back and when his body was laid on the gurney, they were strapped up above his head as he was transported to the chosen room for him, where he would be held prisoner as the men decided on what to do with him.

When they got him to the room, Brooklyn was taken off the gurney and he was sat against the wall. His arms were raised above his head and his cuffs attached to chains on the wall that would hold them up. His ankles were untied for the moment.

As Carlos stood in the room observing the sleeping gargoyle, what memories this brought back. He smiled evilly. "Listen up, everyone. Our leader last time was often too soft on this gargoyle. We will not be as soft on him as Thailog was. He is to always be cuffed in some way." he advised his group. "And don't fall for his tricks. He'll try to get you to let him go."

"Yes, Sir." The others all replied in unison.

"Good."

Carlos looked once more at the red devil gargoyle before him. He eyed the stomach of him, knowing that that body part had been a particular favorite of torture. It just might be again, but one of many. He saw that Brooklyn had regained his body weight, when the last he had seen him he was a skinny one from having been starved for so long, and he was planning on doing the same. It had been fun for him to see the red devil desperate for food, or suffering in pain. He couldn't wait to see the look in his eyes when he saw who had him again.

The men walked out and were going to let him wake up on his own. The gargoyle wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon. And soon, he would know what pain was, again.

....

Brooklyn groaned as he came out of the drug. His head ached. He felt himself sitting against a wall. He tried to rub his head, but couldn't. He also felt his arms were being held above his head. He looked up and he saw his arms were in cuffs above his head. The chains rattled as he moved them.

What's going on? Where am I? He thought to himself.

Brooklyn could feel that his arms had already lost some circulation in them, and his shoulders hurt a bit too from being held up for a while. How long had he been here? Was Broadway here too? He looked around and didn't see his brother at all, but it didn't mean that he wasn't here. He could just be in another room. Being cuffed in this room brought back scary memories for him from the last time he had been captured and tortured. He had no idea who had kidnapped him. All he could do was wait.

He looked down at the rest of this body and found it was all unrestrained. At least there was nothing on his stomach either. That helped him breathe a sigh of relief. He also looked around the room. There was a toilet in the room too, but nothing else. There was also a barred window that had a large crack in it. At least it was letting some air in.

It wasn't long before he heard a sound, the door unlocking. Brooklyn looked at the entrance to the room. He would be brave to whoever had kidnapped him. He hoped it wasn't Demona. He knew that Thailog was dead.

Brooklyn's eyes widened when he saw who it was. It was Carlos! He had been one of Thailog's henchmen from before. Brooklyn instantly brought his legs closer to his body. He had a feeling of what the evil man would want to do. A chill went down his spine, but a bad feeling penetrated his stomach too.

Carlos smirked as he neared Brooklyn, who tugged a bit on his chains, staring in fear, but doing his best to look brave, and not let himself lose his mentality like before. This was not a good situation to wake up in!

"I hope you had a pleasant sleep, Devil. It is good to see you again..." he said sinisterly, getting even closer. Brook pulled his head away, breath coming in short gasps of fright.

"L-look, I dunno what you humans want with me. Just let me go, I wish nothing to do with you anymore!" he protested, as Carlos suddenly placed a hand on his stomach. He squirmed uncomfortably, baring his teeth.

"Get off me!" Brook ended up hissing, struggling hard in his chains. Carlos just smirked, looking up into his face.

"Bet you remember what my former master did to you, don't you?" he sneered. Brooklyn couldn't help but swallow nervously. Yeah he did, and it was a nightmare!

Carlos's smirk grew wider. "Dr. Watson wanted you back, because he wishes to carry on after Master Thailog. It's what he would have wanted us to do if he was killed. And we will keep you for a longer time than Thailog did."

Brooklyn felt his brave face falter, fear levels beginning to grow. The idea of being kept away from his family again was too terrible for him to think about, and just when he had started to get over his previous kidnapping too!

"No-no... y- you can't!" he cried, before Carlos backhanded him, leaving his cheek stinging.

"It would seem you have lost some of your discipline to obey us. We'll have to remedy that. And don't even think of your precious family coming. They don't know where you are because we moved; they'll believe you're trapped in that old building. Plus, we used Thailog's spell to keep you from becoming stone again."

He cackled, turning to walk out and leave his prisoner alone. Brooklyn screamed in anger after him.

"YOU HUMANS WON'T KEEP HURTING ME THIS WAY! YOU WON'T!" The red gargoyle screeched, pulling his bonds again, hurting his wrists and shoulders, seeing the sun coming up, and not feeling his skin turning to stone like his last kidnapping.

He panted heavily after struggling for twenty minutes, feeling tears leaking down his face, missing his stone sleep again. Despite Carlos warning him not to think about it, Brooklyn still prayed hard for his family to find him if he couldn't escape on his own.