Chapter Twelve

Lena felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She held up her finger for Ravis to be patient. She took it out to see the contact title being Y/N. She felt her heart jump in her chest, unlocking the see to see the attachment being her assistant in misery.

"Ravis," Lena showed the picture. "It seems you're right. . .and helpful."

Ravis frowned. "This is not good."

Lena scuffed. "Thanks for stating the obvious."

"I will go to him." Ravis bite her lip. "No more people in harms way."

Lena cocked her eyebrow. "So you're going to play hero?"

Ravis looked into her eyes. "I know him more than you and Supergirl--"

"You knew him." Lena rubbed her face frustrated and tired. "Ravis you've shown your recklessness to everyone in this city-- him even. He knows she's my weakness and is using your soft heart to make you feel guilty."

"I would not give him the chance."

Lena slammed her palm on the desk. "You already have! He took her you idiot!" She sighed. "Get out."

Ravis gawked. "L--"

"Out!" She shouted.

She hated seeing the hurt in Ravis' eyes using Y/N's body. She went to her computer, only Y/N on her mind.

***

Ravis flew around the city, her mind lost in clouds. She sat on top of a roof, looking down at her hands. She never thought her planet would be destroyed, nor the other planet, and now here she is destroying a person's life. She looked up at the sun, the very thing that would kill her. She then glanced down to the people she didn't know, but knew were exactly as fragile as Y/N.

She jumped. "Ravis?" She looked over at Supergirl. She stood up and felt her lip quiver. "What are you doing up here?"

"Sad." Ravis spoke.

Supergirl eyes widen. "I am too."

"You do not know Y/N that much."

"I see her. I'm everywhere. There is no doubt in my heart that someone wouldn't be sad to see her. . . Nonetheless, we managed to track her done with the help of Lena."

Ravis eyes didn't change.

"Ravis?"

"It is my fight." Ravis exclaimed. "My fight! I should be the only one that should fight to save her. I am the one that got her in that mess!"

Supergirl pulled Ravis into a hug. "I know what it feels to think everything wrong is your fault. . . It's not. Maybe there was lack of judgment, but you've shown that you aren't evil. You can keep that true by helping me, side by side, to go after Scowl."

Ravis nodded. "Yes, of course."

"Then follow me."

She flew into the air. Ravis followed.

***

Y/N stood alone in a isolated room. Her body shivered. She heard a noise from outside the door.

"You're in luck." He said. "They're coming." Y/N didn't react. "Lost cause ain't it?"

She agreed.

"Good." He opened the door. "I want you to be the first thing they see." She stepped into the light to see her clothes and body with holes and torn skin.

"Very good."

He walked away. Y/N followed.