Chapter Seven

"Ravis! Would you look at those stars, haven't you heard of the tale; The White Feather Flows?" Ravis looked over to her childhood friend. "Well, I'm sure you haven't, it's not a well known tale." Her friend cleared their throat. Ravis turned her body to face them, her hands clasped together.

"There was once a scared little girl, her world was lost, and her soul was damaged. She flew like how a white feather flows, with grace and sorrow. She came across an unknown figure, they resembled her features. She held out her hand, to feel the skin against her own, but to no advantage. She called out, but to no avail, the figure couldn't listen. And she flew away, like how a white feather flows."

Ravis cocked her head.

"This story is very dear to me."

"Why?" Ravis asked.

"Because, you are just as graceful as that white feather, but timid and scared as the girl."

Rvais looked at them confused.

"You are so naive and kind, Ravis. When will you grow up?"

"What do you mean? I am growing."

"Nevermind." Her friend gently patted her head. "It's getting late. It's time to go home."

"Goodbye, Scoul."

"Goodbye, Ravis."

***

"Get the hell up, Y/N!" She said to herself. "You have mid-terms this coming week, no time to lose!"

"Y/N, can you stop talking to yourself! It's weird." Her roommate whined.

"It's called motivation."

"No, it's called shut-up."

Y/N frowned. "Dammit, Y/N. You have to stop letting people walk over you, even to me."

"But, you are joking."

"I didn't say bite my face off, be a little more lose, joke back at me."

"I'll try."

"Good!"

"Come on!"

***

"Hey, Scoul, you didn't finish the tale."

"My apologies." They clear their throat. "Another girl just as graceful as the other, wandered around with her hands in front of her. She was quiet, but lacked the sense of self-protection or defense. She wasn't what you'd think, she was scared of her life, just like the white feather that flows."

"Woah."

"Goodbye, Ravis."

"Scoul?"

Their skin begins to bleed, burning, their face peeling. Eyes falling out their head. "You must run, Ravis. Goodbye forever."

"Nooo!"

Her world went to black.

***

"Get the fuck out!" Y/N was thrown to the side. "You stupid girl, you dare act like an idiot?! Drugs?! Are you kidding me?!"

"But-"

"Shut up! I don't wanna hear another peep from you!"

The door was slammed in her face.

"Mom. . ." She curled up. "Why me!"