Chapter Four

Y/N woke up with aches and pains along her body, wounds that weren't properly bandaged or sanitized, and her head throbbing from the impact unknown to her. She looked over at her clock, and noticed she was immensely late for her job, but that was the least of her problems.

She stood up from her bed, and noticed her cabinets were flung open, random objects thrown, and medical supplies blindly placed amongst the kitchen table. She heard her phone ding, and checked her phone to see rapidly gained messages from Lena.

[9:23] CEO Lena
Where are you? Are you okay?

[9:26] CEO Lena
Y/N if you don't reply I will drive my way to your apartment.

[9:50] CEO Lena
>Missed Call

"Ravis what did you do." She mumbled, and heard a knock on the door. "Speak of the devil."

Ravis was quiet, and was too ashamed to talk to the human because she had lied of protecting Y/N's body. Y/N knew she wouldn't be able to hide the tremendous scars along her body, and face, nor pretend that her pain was intolerable. She unlocked the door, a small smile on her face to greet the worried CEO.

"Lena, nice to see you!" She chirped.

"What happened to you?" Lena exclaimed, walking into the room setting down her belongings on the table. She glanced at the bandages poorly placed on the younger woman's body, as other objects in the tiny living space was sporadically set.

"What happened here!" Lena looked at the younger girl while confusion, and undoubtedly concern for her assistant's well-being. "Where you on the high way when the man tried to commit suicide? Is this where these scars came from?"

"Y-yes!" It wasn't a lie as she was there, but had no memory of the accident. "I didn't want to worry you."

"My priority is to make sure all my employees are taken care of." She said. "Now let's treat to your wounds, and fix what you started."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Y/N was enjoying Lena's attention more than she should, but Lena's gentle and warm touch was intoxicating. She watched Lena do her job fairly well and with grace, knowing that Ravis try of applying medical procedures needs to be worked on.

Y/N...

She heard Ravis' voice rang in her head, the sound of guilt and shame was laced in the aliens voice.

I did not mean to cause your body harm. I panicked when they jumped off the bridge, and did not think of the  consequences that would wrecked amongst your body.

Y/N badly wanted to reassure the alien, but it would be alarming if she would start speaking to herself in front of Lena. She sighed in relief of the genuine apologize.

"You are forbidden to come into work until I say so upon in further tests to make sure your physical strength did not downfall. I will check up on you when I can, take care of yourself --  I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, Lena!"

She smiled politely and exited.

Y/N looked over at her phone once again to see the news article in Ravis by Catco.

"An interview from Supergirl?" Her eyes broaden. "You jumped down?! You know how dangerous that was! Brave, but stupid!"

I am sorry!

"You have to be careful when dealing with dangerous situations as it could possiblely leave me injured or dead -- someone else too!"

But you are not, and the male is not either!

"The outcome may have been explainable, but if I start gaining injuries whether minor or major -- Lena -- my boss with start to suspect something she shouldn't need to know!"

Lying is bad.

"It's -- I'm not ready to tell her, she'll probably think I'm insane, and throw me away to fine someone mentally suited for the job!"

You must not doubt yourself. I know it may be hard, but it helps your bond.

"Bond?" She said, cocking an eyebrow.

Yes, your relationship is based on trust as I heard she has major trust issues because of her family. To tell her that would ignite her soul with joy!

"You're right, how could I be so stupid! I must tell her even if I'm busted and bruised -- I must do it now!"

***

"Lena, I have something to say--" She saw Kara at the sofa laughing at a joke spoke by Lena. "Uh -- nevermind."

"Y/N, What happened to you?!"

"Nothing -- just I'll talk to you later."

"Y/N? Y/N wait!"

She walked out of the building, her head throbbing from pain, but she didn't care. She felt jealous for an unknown reason.

"I shouldn't be, but I am..." She wandered down in the city. "...what am I kidding, what a lousy crush I'm gaining I'll just hurt me in the end."

"Lady, watch out!" A man spoke.