27| Patience Is A Virtue

Hii! Long time, no see! I forgot this was sitting in my drafts so for those of you who support this book, here you are! Hope you enjoy.
-Bre

Kaycee's POV

"Where'd you guys end up going last night? After we got off the Ferris wheel you guys disappeared." Bailey questioned, leaning on the locker beside mine.

We just left dance practice which was an absolute train wreck. Once Sean and I got there the atmosphere was filled with so much tension that it was almost suffocating. Everyone was silent and even Alex was on edge.

I shrugged while grabbing my needed notebooks for the day. "I wasn't feeling well, so Sean took me home." I stated, causing Bailey to gasp dramatically.

"You guys made up." She squealed, shaking my arm in excitement. A soft smile worked its way onto my features at her outburst. "Something like that. I don't know, he's still acting kind of weird towards me." I sighed while slamming my locker shut. I hooked arms with Bailey as we made our way to Jake's class.

"How so?" She asked with furrowed brows. I huffed tiredly while turning around the corner. "He won't kiss me. It's almost like he's disgusted by it—well, by me." I stated. Bailey gave me a doubtful look as we made it to the door.

"Kayc, you're not using common sense. Did you ever think maybe he's being cautious or is trying to figure out if he can trust you? What you did wasn't unforgivable but he's trying and you have to settle for that for now." Bailey explained, leaning on the wall beside the door. About 50 students chatted away while waiting in the hall for Jake to arrive.

I pouted my lip at her response. If there was one thing that was true, Bailey would always be honest with her friends. "Well how do I let him know he can?" I asked with hopeful eyes. She smirked and looked behind me. "Why don't you ask yourself?"

I turned around in confusion, meeting the eyes of my former boyfriend. "Hi." I greeted him breathlessly. His eyes held so much intensity when he looked at me and it made my stomach flutter every time.

"Hey, Bails." Sean smiled while pulling me to him. He then looked down and smirked at me. "Hello, angel." He said inaudibly while cupping my face and leaning in. I closed my eyes, ready for his lips to touch mine, but instead I was given a light kiss on my forehead.

I internally groaned and leaned on the wall next to Bailey. "Seems normal to me." Bailey said in my ear with a shrug. I huffed once again, now crossing my arms like a 5-year old.

"So Bails, I heard the Ferris wheel was eventful." He said suggestively, a knowing smile settling on his soft features. Bailey began to blush deeply, causing shock to overcome me. She covered her face in embarrassment and slid her hands down to her cheeks. "He told you about that?" She asked sheepishly.

"He didn't have to." Sean shrugged. "It was all over his face." Bailey had a sheepish grin on her face as she comprehended Sean's statements.

"Can I come over after school?" I asked Sean. He looked down at me once again, locking gazes with mine. I couldn't necessarily read his. I've never seen it before, at least not from him.

The closer I got to Sean, the more he would open up to me. I want him to trust me again. I regretted not believing him in the beginning and I wanted to fix this, fix us. I remained hopeful as I stared into his chocolate orbs.

"I'd prefer it if you didn't." He responded with hesitance, averting his gaze. My heart dropped at his response. "Ouch." I mumbled, watching him as he stepped back a little.

"I just have a lot going on right now. I wouldn't be able to give you all the attention I'd want." Sean explained, running a hand through his wavy locks. I looked down at my feet in sorrow while trying to blink away my oncoming tears. I guess I was too late. Maybe Sean really is done with me.