5| The Regrets of A Player

Kaycee's POV

"they thought what?" nat laughed.

"they thought sean was giving me an oral treat. it was embarrassing but really funny!" i said with a slight blush on my cheeks. we laughed a little longer before nat gave me a suggestive look. "speaking of sean, have you and him talked about when you're going to tell your supporters the ship has sailed?" she asked with a quirked brow. i shook my head immediately.

i honestly don't even think i want our supporters to know. once the internet knew about relationships, a lot of pressure is put on the couple and i didn't want that for sean and i. besides, i want us to have the mileage of bonding and understanding, to know we'll last before putting it out on the internet.

"so how long do you think you can go covering up the googly eyes and sexual tension?" she asked, making a face to exaggerate the googly eyes. i scoffed in amusement. "sean and i don't have sexual tension. you and josh on the other hand.." i said puckering my lips then side-eyeing her. she laughed loudly and nudged me.

"stop. i don't know. he's acting different lately." her tone suddenly went a little sad and maybe even..confused? i turned my body to her, silently telling her to continue. "he's being a little distant. he's a little less affectionate. it seems like his mind is just scattered."

"well you might have to give him time. i'm sure it's a little hard to think properly after finding out your parents are having a divorce. he's probably asking himself a-" i reasoned, but she stopped me.

"hold on. what? his parents are getting a divorce?! he never told me that!" nat exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "that's why he called me over last night. he was really upset." i explained, only for her to look even more lost. i didn't want to mention the argument we had because she wouldn't know what it meant. hell, i don't even know what it meant and i was losing it. "josh didn't tell you that either. that's just disrespectful." i said in realization, pure shock coming over me.

how could he not tell nat?! she's his girlfriend! if anything, she should've been the first to know, not me. i mean, i would've told her anyway. she's my friend and had the right to know. it involved her boyfriend and i'd expect her to do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

"i can't believe this!" she groaned. "believe what?" we heard a voice say. we looked over to see josh coming out of the hallway that was only dimly lit with the daylight that came in from nat's living room windows and sean following behind him. both of them looked at us skeptically. nat bit her lip anxiously, trying to come up with a good lie.

now that my thoughts were fully gathered and i was here in a room with josh, it was clear to me that the tension was still present between us. but that didn't mean i was going to leave nat hanging.

"that our monthly torture started at the same time. cheers to day one of bleeding!" i exclaimed with fake enthusiasm. she gave me a high five with the same energy, going along with what i was saying. sean just chuckled and shook his head at me with adoring eyes while josh scoffed softly and rolled his eyes. well then.

~~2 hours later~~

"up, down, left, swoop then ta ta ta bada- yes! let's go!" alex yelled while leading the choreo in small movements while we did it full out. we were rehearsing for our annual pep rally. it was newfound information to me, but ken filled me in. it was to support the sport teams as well as give everyone a break from schoolwork and other things that might stress the school out.

"okay, you guys got it down. let's do it with the music, yeah? just one last time. then i promise we can eat and relax." alex announced seeing the desperation on our faces. drowsy sighs filled the room as we got back in our positions. josh brushed passed me as i was putting my hair in a ponytail while walking to his position.