24| Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Sean's POV

It was finally dismissal time and I'd be able to just dance my way through rehearsal then go home. I just wanted to be away from them. It was always Josh and Kaycee just in my face with their "friendship." That was the last thing I wanted to be around.

I was sure of one thing though. I want to give her space. I want Kaycee to know who she wants and to choose wisely. I'm not going anywhere. No matter how much she lies, how much she yells, or how extremely frustrating she is, I love her. So, I leave it up to her. I leave it up to fate.

The bell rang, pulling me from thoughts that made my head pound. As I picked up my bag, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw it was Tre. "Hey." I sighed.

"Hey. How's it going?" He asked. Knowing what he meant, I let out a huff, mildly stressed. I started walking out of the classroom, deciding to be early for rehearsal. I shrugged. "Hanging in there. What about you?" I asked. He chuckled, putting his hands in the pockets of his grey sweatpants.

"Remaining hopeful." He replied. I nodded with a slight smirk on my face. On the way to the hall where the studio was, I decided to put my books in my locker. When I opened it, a small pastel yellow envelope fell out, making a smack noise on the floor. Tre picked it up and read the front before handing it to me, a small smile appearing on his face. "Still not talking to her, are you?"

The front read, "From: Kaycee. To: My Shamu." She then drew a small little cartoon of her handing me a heart with a hopeful smile on her face. The envelope was somewhat thick. I had no idea what was inside. I stared at it for a little before putting it in my bag.

"I'm giving her space." I stated sternly. Tre let out a scoff in amusement and shook his head. "What?" I asked. He shook his head once again.

"Nothing. It's not my place." He shrugged. "You think I should open it." I said, figuring him out.

"Not necessarily. I think you should think about this." Tre said slowly. "Look, I gave Jadyn a box. A big red box. You know what was inside?" He paused. I shook my head. "Absolutely nothing but a smaller box, and inside that one was another and so on." He explained.

"Okay, what about it?" I asked, trying to see where he was going with this. "With her opening that box, she got her answer. With her leaving it alone, she would get her answer. If she opened that box, that means she wants it—us. If not, then so be it, but as long as you open that envelope, you're willing to give Kaycee a chance. Therefore, you have to think: What do you want?" He finished.

I closed my locker and leaned against it. "Time." I breathed out.

Kaycee's POV

"Listen up!" Tricia clapped. All of us stopped talking and gave her our undivided attention. "Who knows what's coming up in a couple months?" She asked.

After a few moments of silence, it clicked to me. "Radix!" I exclaimed in excitement. Tricia smiled and nodded. "Indeed! Which brings me to what I'm about to say. Now, as you know, we will be traveling. Alex and I have already made arrangements for another airbnb and such. Hopefully, there won't be as much trouble in paradise." She announced, jokingly glaring at Sean and I, who was currently sitting beside me, probably unwillingly anyway.

"You are also expected to not only participate in classes, but a few of you will teach. Who's up for it?" The room grew silent as none of us jumped at the opportunity.

"I will." Julian shrugged. "Great, that's one. Who else?" Tricia asked, scanning the group only for her eyes to fall on me. "Munch, how 'bout it?" She asked, crossing her arms along with a knowing grin on her face.

Startled, I looked at her as if she was crazy. "W-what? Tricia, no. I'm not..very comfortable with-" I stumbled out.

"You'll do it. Practice makes perfect." She insisted before proceeding with intel about the trip. I let out a sigh, trying to calm my nerves.