23| Lie To Me

Sean's POV

Being awoken from my peaceful sleep, I heard banging on my door. My ears were sensitive to the sound. With a low groan, I drag my sluggish body to the door and open it after twisting the lock.

Behind it revealed two smiling friends of mine. "Good morning." I grumbled before shuffling back to my bed. I crawled back into bed, burying my head in my pillow.

"Okay, this is the third time you're oversleeping our morning rehearsal. You can't just keep avoiding her." Josh P commented with his hands on his hips. I sat up tiredly and huffed out some air.

"I'm not avoiding her. I'm giving her the space she wants." I replied. It's been almost two weeks since Kaycee and I had our fight. I wasn't mad at her for kicking me out. I mean, it was understandable. But it hurt more than anything that she didn't believe me or even try to listen, at that.

"Sean, she literally asks for you every day and she's blowing up your phone as we speak. How in the hell are you going to say she wants space?" Julian asked, amusement threaded in his voice.

"No. That's Josh blowing up my phone for her. He's been at her every beck and call ever since him and Nat broke up." I pointed out. Realizing what I just said, I cursed under my breath. Shock took over their faces.

"When did they break up?" Julian exclaimed in confusion.

"A few weeks ago. How haven't you guys noticed?" I replied, walking to my bathroom to get ready. I swiftly grabbed my toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it.

"Oh, I noticed. Jules here has been occupied with Miss Sok." Josh smirked, patting Julian on the back. "Well excuse me for caring about my friend that just happens to be in the same boat. Blame Ken." He scoffed, plopping onto my bed. I stuck my head out of the bathroom and looked at Julian, halting my movements.

He immediately facepalmed and sighed. "Please don't tell her I told you that. She literally doesn't want anyone to know until she tells on her own. She hasn't even told the girls yet." He  pleaded, genuine fear settling in his eyes.

"Chill, we won't. I will, however, beat Ken's ass." Josh scolded. What was wrong with our friends? It seems like everything's just falling apart within our friend group. We can't dance without tension in the air, both Chloe and Ken cheated on their significant others, Josh is in love with Kaycee, I'm in love with Kaycee, and both Julian and Bailey are being each other's support system, which is pretty normal for friends, but still.

"I'm serious, guys. Bailey can't have any sign of knowing that you guys know." Julian said, his eyes stern. I nodded, then spit out the toothpaste in my mouth. "You seem to really care about that factor." Josh said suspiciously, crossing his arms.

"Aren't I supposed to? She's a friend, a close friend at that." Julian said in a defensive tone. Josh chuckled and sent me a knowing look. I could honestly say it was rare for Julian to like a girl, and for the girl to be Bailey, that was something interesting.

~~~~

"Hey, guys!" Kaycee said cheerfully. There was a forced smile on her features. I hated seeing her so down, but even when she was, her beauty was endless.

"Hey, Kaycee." Julian sighed. Around the table were him, Ken, Taylor, Jadyn, Nat, Chloe, and I. There was a seat available next to me, which Kaycee mindlessly sat in. Not trusting myself around her, I excused myself to the breakfast line.

Okay so, maybe I was avoiding her a little, but this is ultimately what she wanted. I didn't ask for this. I want her more than anything. "Sean." I heard a familiar voice call after me. While grabbing a breakfast sandwich off the metal shelf, I turned to see Beauchamp jogging towards me. I internally rolled my eyes.