2| Promise For A Promise

Sean's POV

as kaycee and i walked into the studio, she held my hand gently. i didn't fail to see the look josh and her shared. it was weird because it was almost knowing or maybe even...reassuring?

i pushed it aside for now and turned to kaycee. she seemed dazed, but was staring at me. "what'd you say?" she asked, jumping as if she was startled. I furrowed my eyebrows and chuckled softly. "i didn't say anything, baby. are you sure you're okay?" i asked while rubbing her arms.

"yeah, of course. i just thought i heard something, that's all." kaycee said, clearly lying. i sighed at her attempt to lie to me but pushed it away once again. "i'm going to go stretch. take it easy, okay?" i practically begged. she nodded then kissed my cheek before walking to the corner where the girls were settled.

i watched as she smiled softly at them while she sat down. "yo, sean!" josh b whistled. i snapped my head to him. "we getting started or what?" he asked with his hand on my shoulder.

i nodded then made my way over to where the boys were settled. i sat in the circle they formed on the floor and began stretching as well. "you guys good?" ken asked, looking at me questionably. i nodded but was still bothered with kaycee's weird behavior. "how did bailey act after your first time?" i asked worriedly.

ken hummed then huffed as he stretched his legs. "she was different. we both were. she was more...present, more immersed in us. more than she already was. i guess we kind of cherished each other more." he shrugged with a smile taking over his face.

i sighed softly, knowing kaycee wasn't doing that. why was she distant? why was she putting her walls up again? "there's other ways a girl will act though." josh p said cutting in. i furrowed my eyebrows, silently telling him to continue. "well for tahani, she was flirty that night, but afterwards, she distanced herself. she said she was kind of embarrassed. i remember her saying she felt stupid and silly for doing it. not that it was me, but the fact that she gave it up so easily." he explained.

i nodded taking it all in. was kaycee embarrassed? was she ashamed? is she happy that she let me be her first? there was so much i needed to know. i looked at her over my shoulder, only to see that she was already staring at me. she smiled then looked away but i could tell it was fake. i could tell that something was eating away at her bit by bit and i wanted her to tell me what it was.

"okay guys! gather around." jojo announced. we all obliged, sitting in a big circle around her standing figure. "so boston was a success. we had great feedback but now that it's over, we can have some fun. but first things first, we are going to do a trust exercise. we all are well aware of all of the tension that blew over but the other mentors and i wanted to make sure there is no form of negativity within our circle." she announced while clapping her hands.

we glanced at each other then set our eyes back on jojo. "we're going to do a trust exercise so everyone stand up." she said cheerfully. i slowly rose from the floor and stood up straight. "come on, up up up!" jojo exclaimed, pestering us that weren't.

after we all stood up, jojo smiled excitedly. "everyone stand beside your significant other or partner." kaycee came over to me, shuffling her feet as she walked. she's the cutest thing ever. when she reached me, she leaned into me and wrapped my arm around her.

i looked up to see josh and tahani swinging their hands while laughing, ken and bailey standing their calmly with ken's arms around bailey, then josh tickling nat playfully. "i'm glad you guys are so comfortable. well, today you will sit down, or even lay, whatever floats your boat while facing each other. as you are facing each other, i want you guys to make a list for each other. on the list will be happy moments you've had with each other, questions you want to ask them that won't upset them, and why you love them. after you make the list, you will share them with each other and talk about it."