11| Perish

Kaycee's POV

"do you want to talk about it?" bailey asked me. i was currently locked in a bathroom stall with tears of anger running down my face. i didn't even bother replying, knowing where this conversation would go.

"i just don't get why you didn't tell us. we always tell each other everything." she reasoned. here we go. with my anger as fragile as a grenade, i stood up and opened the stall door harshly. "maybe i didn't want to say anything! maybe i wanted to keep it to myself before everyone just started to breathe down my back. the guys finding out was their false assumptions about sean and i's relationship. it's not that i didn't want to tell you guys, i just didn't want to fuck everything up." i snapped.

a soft gasp left bailey's mouth at my tone and the look in my eyes. i wiped my tear-stained cheek harshly before going to one of the sinks and rinsing my face. "kaycee," she said in a stern but gentle voice. i locked eyes with her through the mirror. my hands clenched the edge of the counter. "what's really wrong? i promise you it won't leave this room. just tell me everything." bailey said reassuringly. like i said before, it wasn't that i didn't trust the girls. i'd put my life in their hands if needed. it was the fact that once one detail slipped from my mouth, someone would turn it into something that it wasn't, which would cause a rift in sean and i's relationship.

i took a deep breath and then looked her in the eyes once again. "it won't leave this room?" i asked to clarify. bailey held out both of her pinkies. i let a slight grin form on my lips then latched my pinkies with her own. i leaned against the counter and thought about where to start. "the day sean and i made up after us being at each other's throats for so long, we made love for the first time. after that, things just got weird. not between us, but with beauchamp. he seemed all for it, but now he's defensive and protective over everything we do. it's almost like he-" i was interrupted by the door flying open.

"there you guys are! i was worried you ran off campus or something!" nat exclaimed, her face filled with concern. "are you okay, kayc? my boyfriend is such an asshole lately." her concern soon morphed into anger.

i scoffed in agreement. "thought it was just me that caught on to that." i mumbled. "if i kill him, we'll still be cool, right?" bailey asked nat with furrowed eyebrows. nat laughed wholeheartedly, throwing her head back. that's when i noticed. there were three small red patches on her neck. a gasp left my lips. "that little hypocrite!" i yelled, startling both nat and bailey.

"what is it?" bailey asked, holding her hand over her heart. i grabbed nat's arm gently then went in front of the wide mirror before moving her hair out of the way. nat glared as her eyes focused on her neck. "i swear i'm g-"

we all stopped our rants of hatred when we heard shouting filling the hallways. we all looked at each other before going out into the hall. at first, we didn't see anything but still heard shouting. immediately, i could recognize julian and alex's voices. we ran down the hall and around the corner to find josh p, will, and julian holding sean back.

josh b yelled the most vulgar words, veins displayed on his neck and all. "no! no! stay over there. sean, move and i'll write you up myself. same for you, beauchamp." alex ordered sternly. if steam were able to come out of their ears, it definitely would.

matt and ken held josh against the wall across the hall from the dance room while sean was being held on the wall that was on the same side of the room door. "girls, inside. now." alex ordered. however, we didn't move due to the concern we had of our boyfriends.

standing my ground, i walked up to a boiling sean. when i got closer, i could see that he was shaking in fury. i let my hand grab his balled up fists, gently covering them. i looked him in the eyes pleadingly and spoke quietly. "hey, it's okay. let it go. sean, breathe."