10| 10 Minutes

Josh's POV

"babe, i'm fine. i promise." i reassured nat for the third time this morning. however, it seems like the words coming out of my mouth were going in one ear and out the other. i sighed then got dressed in some light ripped jeans and a black graphic t-shirt.

after watching my girlfriend stare at me in concern, i bent over and kissed her all over her face. a groan left her lips at my affection. "ew, boys germs!" she exclaimed then smiled as she heard my laugh. "but you love me anyway." i said confidently with a knowing smile.

nat sighed softly then wrapped her arms around my torso. i collapsed onto the space beside her on my bed. "i do love you." she said, levelling her face with mine. my smile widened as i looked into her eyes. there was a sparkle in them when she was happy. somehow, i always fell in love with her over and over again. i don't know how i ever made a bet off of her, she was too precious.

my eyes flickered down to her lips. they were always taunting me like the last bottle of water in a desert. feeling my desperation, nat leaned in and kissed me. i felt her fingers linger on my neck, her cool rings grazing my skin. i pulled her closer, feeling the urge to be even more connected to her.

my hand took its place on the side of her neck as the kiss deepened. however, we were interrupted when nat's phone started to ring. a whimper came from nat's lips before she pulled away and got her phone out of her pocket. she then sat up and started to put her shoes on. "hello, my love!" she answered. getting an idea, i sat up beside her then moved her hair out of the way before i started to give her little love bites. her hand went to my neck to push me off but i grabbed it.

"yeah...okay, we'll be there....see you in a bit, babe." she said before hanging up the phone. i finally took my lips off of her neck only to see a hickey forming. "first off, you're a fucking idiot. second, we have an early rehearsal so we have to get up."

i groaned quietly but stood anyway. i slipped on my shoes then followed nat downstairs. "want me to drive today?" i asked kindly.

"actually, i was thinking we could walk today. do you mind?" nat asked, biting her lip. her voice was filled with hope. right when she turned to me, the sunlight hit her eyes, making the honey color in them flare. the corners of my lips lifted at how precious my girlfriend was.

"only because i'll have more time with you." i permitted while locking my house. nat's hands flew up in triumph.  she did a small cheer before starting to walk. i followed after her, taking the time to check her out. i whipped out my phone and went on my instagram story to record her.

"my love!" i called after her. she turned around while still walking. "guys, she's so beautiful." i teased. she rolled her eyes playfully and grabbed my hand to make me walk faster.

"that reminds me, i was thinking last night-" she started. "aww, look at you using your brain!" i cooed jokingly. nat cackled then continued. "shut up. no, but seriously. i was thinking...when should we come out? like tell our supporters officially? i mean, we've flirted online and stuff.."

"but you want us to announce our relationship." i stated, finishing her sentence. nat nodded while biting her lip nervously. i looked away from her while getting deep in thought. truth be told, i didn't know if i wanted us to be out. it's a lot. i mean, sure we're already "shipped" but what happens when people find out we're real? i'll tell you. people watch your every move, judge you for the smallest things, and are just all up in your business. i didn't want to deal with that, especially when i'm happy about where we are right now.

i huffed out some air to push down my nerves for what i was about to tell her. "nat.." i started while swooping up her hand in my own. she hummed a response as she shot me a glance. i kept our medium pace since we were behind but it sure didn't make my stomach feel any better. "i don't want to announce us yet. it'd be a lot of pressure on us. besides, sean and kaycee haven't even announced themselves yet and everyone's been wanting them to get together for-"