4| 2 Truths & A Lie

Josh's POV

i heard kaycee's footsteps as she walked out the front door of my house. still feeling the hurt and anger, i went downstairs and grabbed my keys, throwing on a hoodie in the process.

after locking my house, i walked to nat's house, knocking firmly on the door. the dimmed light from the inside hit my face before she opened the door. a small yawn came from her lips before her eyes met mine. i couldn't help the smile that spread across my face when i saw the light of my life stare back at me. "hey, babe!" i smiled. nat grabbed my hand then led me into her house. i locked the door behind me then followed her to the kitchen. i sat at the island, finally letting her hand go, then watched her move around her kitchen.

"i thought you were busy tonight." she said with a confused tone while sipping from a water bottle. i shrugged then made my way over to her, wrapping my arms around her slowly. "i wanted to see you. today was pretty...stressful." nat frowned at my statement, giving me a sympathetic look.

"have you been crying?" nat asked, letting her hands settle on my cheeks. her groomed eyebrows furrowed as she examined my face. i shook my head but said nothing, knowing i couldn't lie to her. "come here." she scoffed while wrapping her arms around my neck in a hug. i squeezed her tighter, hugging her back.

"what's up? do you want to talk about it?" nat asked softly. i shook my head but kissed her bare shoulder in thanks. i had her jump up and wrap her legs around my waist. i carried her to her bedroom and laid us in her bed with me beneath her. she kissed me gently as if she were trying to reassure me.

but i didn't want that.

i needed to forget. so i deepened it and touched her roughly. "i need you." i whispered. it was almost inaudible, but as her eyes bored into mine i knew she heard me correctly. the next thing i knew, our clothes were off and for the first time, i actually made love to my girlfriend.

~~~next morning~~~

"okay. i'll meet you there. see you in a bit." i heard nat's raspy voice say. i opened my eyes to see nat sitting in a curled up position while staring at me, causing me to chuckle. "good morning, babygirl." i smiled, reaching for her.

"nope. tay just called. we're supposed to meet everyone at alex's house for rehearsal." she said hopping off the bed. she walked to the bathroom to start the shower, giving me the chance to check out her bare body. her skin was glowing along with the little sunlight that was beaming in. the bright smile she always flashed at me was just as luminescent.

i got up to put my briefs on but something caught my eye outside the window..well, someone. i saw sean walking out of kaycee's house alongside kaycee. he didn't hold her hand, wasn't beaming with joy as he should be, nor was he smiling at her correctly. it pissed me off. i bet he would be less smiley if he knew that she was holding me in her arms last night.

i kicked myself for judging my best friends' relationship. it wasn't my business. i continued to watch as kaycee smiled at sean while he was talking. the way she looked at him caused my stomach to hurt. as she walked ahead of him a little bit, sean laughed then grabbed her by the waist, lifting her and twirling with her. they both laughed with glee.

kaycee pulled away and slipped out of his arms, a playful smile on her lips. sean stalked closer to her. already knowing what was about to happen, i looked away. "j, i meant to tell you that i washed your clothes yesterday. they're in their usual- hey, you okay?" i turned to see nat's head peaking out the bathroom.

"yeah, and thank you." i said before pecking her lips. "i'm going to go shower in the guest bathroom. try not to miss me." i winked, causing her to roll her eyes playfully and close the door. i cackled then went down the hall to the guest bathroom after grabbing clothes to wear.

while showering, my thoughts drifted back to last night's fight with kaycee. i didn't want to fight with her, but my anger kept taking over. no matter how serious nat and i got, i always kept kaycee a close second behind. shouldn't she be doing the same for me or better? is it right for me to feel this way? i want her to be happy. i really do...but what if sean isn't right for her?

while i scrubbed my body, i tried my best to get my thoughts off kaycee. if she didn't want to give me the time of day, i wasn't going to give her mine. i dried off then got dressed, so immersed in my thoughts that i failed to realize the knocking on the guestroom door. i slipped on my sneakers then opened it to see sean.

"hey, man." he greeted. i smiled genuinely, moving aside so he could come in. "hey. what are you doing here? i thought we were all meeting at alex's." i said slightly confused. sean sat on the bed cheerfully, a lazy smile playing on his lips.

"we are. nat just thought it'd be a good idea for us to go together." he said while staring at me with a dazed expression, eyes hooded. i stalked towards him slowly and cautiously. "are you high?" i asked cocking my head to the side and crossing my arms.

"no, i'm just happy." he paused and sighed. "everything is just amazing." he said with a chuckle. yeah, for him! he doesn't have to deal with angry, almost divorced parents and a brainwashed best friend.

"that reminds me. i have to tell you something..a couple things actually..." i trailed off while closing the door. sean hummed, leaning back on hands, letting me continue. "last night, my parents came over and told me they needed to talk to me. a little after beating it around the bush, they told me they'd be getting a divorce and were already in the process." i sighed.

a gasp came from sean's lips. "aw man, i'm so sorry." he said sympathetically. his eyes added to the emotion in his voice. i put my hands in my pocket, preparing for his reaction to what i was going to tell him next. i sighed before continuing. "i didn't know who to call. i just felt really empty...so i called kaycee and...."

"and what?" he asked, straightening himself on the bed.

god, forgive me for doing this.