accept or reject

Kim namjoon as it turned out was jimin's senior and close friend who completed hybrid study and is now persuing for hybrid madical care and treatment. In other words he is aspiring to become a hybrid doctor.

Y/n being the un-social awkward person she is asked yanghi to come early so that she doesn't have to converse alone with Namjoon who is a stranger making her case worser ...

But yanghi being the bestest friend ever is late. Leaving Y/n to fend for herself

" Yang. You said you would come early ..let me quote you will be waving at me even before I can walk in into the caffe "

it's already past their time to meet and namjoon must be here anytime soon and yanghi is running late.

"It's not my fault that my landlord thought it's the best time to visit"
There are other noises around her she must be still near her home

" So you couldn't ditch him but you can ditch me? "

"Ahh.... don't panic so much maybe he will be late too.. and I'll be there before him?"

Even before she can finish her word the door of the caffe opened ringing the bell and a tall and handsome man with dark hair and pair of glasses entered the caffe.

There weren't many people so his wandering eyes didn't take much time to spot the only person who matches the description of the girl he was given by jimin.

As he began to approach y/n she quickly whispered an "He is already here.hurry. Be safe" and cut the call even before she can get a reply.

"Umm.... excuse me. Are you miss y/n?" He is even more handsome up close.

"Yes. That's I am " y/n observed a smile spreading up his lips forming a dimple in his cheeks, which turned him from handsome to handsome-cute in a second "please sit down"

"I am Kim Namjoon. As You might have already guessed " namjoon took his seat and placed some kind of notebook and files on the table. Y/n just now noticed them. "Nice to meet you y/n shii"

"Same here. Thank you for coming and making time in your bussy shedule"

"No need to be so formal Y/n shii. I think we are waiting for your friend, why don't we chat over a coffee meanwhile?"

"Sure "

Kim Namjoon. Is a person with a very easy going personality but he can be very deplomatic when he wanna be.

He managed to crack the tough (awkward) exterior of Y/n pretty soon, as they freely started talking about their respective courses in college their interest in fild of study and what they wanna pursue.

Among all this stuff they also talked about their hybrid as y/n told him about her taehyung to which Namjoon replied that he can't wait to meet him

"Actually I have one hybrid too. Though it's hard to say if I have him or he have me " he merryly chucked to himself

"Huh?..why is that ?"

"Ah. Hyung is like....you know me studing for medical do not give me much time for myself. It's him that take care of me most of the time actually. Not the other way around" he waved his arms sheepishly and covered his mouth with his palm as he chucked to it. It's a thing he does when embarrassed y/n had noticed.

" That's really nice I am really curious about him. I would like to meet him someday"

"Yeah that's great. We can even arrenge for play-"

"Sorry sorry sorry.... really sorry. Oh hello" namjoon got cut-off mid sentence as the caffe door practically slammed onto the wall and a frantic yanghi came to them showering them with apologies. She turned somewhat civil as she noticed namjoon and greeted him properly.

"I am really sorry....I am yanghi by the way " she said as she took the seat beside y/n

"No worries...I am Kim namjoon"

"Oh. How did you guessed I am y/n not yanghi?" Y/n suddenly asked curious refering to when Namjoon approached her when he came.

"It's jimin. Said y/n was supposed to be the intimidating one among the two of you " He chucked and Y/n can't help but think is that how she is ?. intimidating?

"He was right though. It's just the exterior. You are really sweet person inside"namjoon finished cutting off her thoughts.

"Errr....so. should we talk about the thing we are here for now. Since yang is finally here ?" Y/n (purposefully) ignored the mild compliment. She could feel yanghi sending a smirk at her way and she ignored that too.

"About that Jimin didn't tell me what the matter is. I just know it has something to do with yanghi-shii's hybrid ?" The look Namjoon gave her is curious.

"Yeah...mine. it's just two weeks ago he went into rut. And ....err called me his mate" yanghi tried not to meet anyone's eyes as she started saying what happened. All her bubbly persona deeming.

It's been hard for both the black cat hybrid and the girl. After 3 day stay at y/n's appartment when yoongi returned home, the girl tried to act normal with yoongi. But everything seems awkward amongst them. Yoongi who had verbally protested against staying in another room without cuddles, now hardly leaves his room if not necessary. Whenever yanghi tries to pet him or talk to him he makes some excuses and go back hiding in his room.

When yanghi was done with her story, namjoon looked calm at first glance but the slight furrow between his brows gave him away.

" This is something unheard and uncommon; Yes. But it's not something impossible or unnatural" Namjoon looked more like a professional as he calmly sated it.

" It's more like a problem in our society. They are humans too. They have higher instinct and bears the basic nature of their base animals but they have their own intelligence too." He looked a bit disappointed as he continued "For hybrids mate is someone who they think is suitable for both their human as well as animal side" at the confused look of yanghi's face he elaborated
"It's like their human side have romantic felling for that person and their animal side have instinctual compatibility; who they feel safe with. Who they can trust"

"But doesn't that mean ...like this mate thing is basically a big  crush?" Y/n interrupted

"Ah no. That's what makes them vulnerable. And mates special. "

"Mates are irreplaceable. And not crush it's true feelings. Love might be the closest word. Research says once a hybrid claim their mate. They believe thats what they are . Their mates. Even if their feelings are not receprocated the feelings for their mates are not replenishable" he looked at yanghi's cast fallen face and sighed " It just showes how good of a person you are "

Both yanghi and y/n looked at him curious.

"As I said earlier human hybrid bond are not know coz of our society. Not many people treats hybrids as a person. If they get one full meal everyday without being abused they think themselves to be lucky. That's the reason hybrid do not see people as anything but oppressors most of the times, let alone mate"

There was a long silence as no one dared to say anything.

"So what do we do now?" It's y/n who asked.

"Well...to be frank there is nothing to be done. To him yanghi is his mate and it will stay that way forever. You can either accept his feelings or reject it "

_______________________________
A/n
This chapter basically says what this mate thing is. Mate is a hypothetical concept and the most common form of of them are destined one. I don't really wanna go that deep in fantasy as I have Said earlier this story is more of a sifi  then fantasy. So this is how mates are in this story. Also finally Joon appeared !!!!

Make sure to comment your opinion/doubt :)