WWH

[This chapter is basically Seokjin's life story !
It's important for the plot so don't skip :) ]

________________________

Seokjin is blessed with a pretty face, or that's what they said. He was born in a family unlike many other hybrids and had a family to call his, an old woman and her husband who took care of him after they found him on the street when he was too young.

He had a great time with them but as they say happiness does not last forever so soon the old woman fell too sick and her old husband who was too weak and old to look after himself couldn't manage to take care of his sick wife along with a hybrid kid. He had no way other than to leave him at a hybrid shelter.

Since then the boy had been bullied by his fellow hybrids because apparently he was too pretty that's why people wanted to adopt him and he doesn't deserve that cause he already had the chance to experience love,which they didn't. So yes, they started to bully him and he started to learn to live alone,to hold onto his self esteem and love himself when others didn't.

When he was left at the shelter he was left with few clothes (when those became too short for him to wear they were passed on to the younger kids at the shelter) and a precious gift from his first family: a hand mirror. It was a pretty thing, a bit rusty and old but pretty nonetheless. Others were jealous of it too but he treasured it. No matter what,he would never let it go would always look at it reminiscing his past.

Years passed and he grew up to become a handsome young man. Along with the prettiest and most shiny pair of fluffy ears and a pretty tail he also had a pretty heart too, so he would always try to hide himself when someone comes for adoption because he wanted to give other hybrids a chance to find a family too. But they always did find him. Their cunning eyes would always find him and everytime he was adopted he was treated like a slave or a showpiece and was always returned back for his 'bratty behaviour'

He was 28 and had almost given up the hope of finding a family who would love him, but then, it happened one day when there was again a visit for adoption they will adopt two hybrids and they were all ordered to be on their best behaviour. Seokjin wasn't expecting anything, he surely looks like an outcast here no one would bother with him. But then he found a kind pair of eyes looking at him.

He looked back and suddenly he remembered where he had seen this eyes before. This look. It was when he was six and he used to take naps with his owner at noon, it was the same look when they would celebrate his birthday each year when they would lovingly crease his fluffy ears …..it was those kind comforting eyes.
All his senses were screaming for him telling him. That maybe she is the one, because she is the first person since he left his first family to provide him a sense of calm and not dread. To smile welcoming and not cunning.

He looked at her expectantly. His tail wiggling subconsciously

The girl looked at him and he swear he saw this decision in her eyes she wanna give him a chance

"I would-"

"Let's check out the cat section before we decide"

Seokjin just now noticed the girl beside the 'kind eyed girl' who interrupted her and then she looked at him once again before she nodded and went away.

She will come back. Don't worry. she will come back. She just went to check it away, Seokjin told himself as he waited for her to return.

He sat there waiting for her even when he heard that they had already adopted two cats. He sat there waiting even when the visitors' hours were closed and they were ordered to go back to their cages. Every day he would wake up and wait for her to come back for him but she never did.

Shelters don't get many visitors because apparently they are lower quality hybrids or that's what the staffs here says.

It was almost a month later some students or something like that were at the shelter to study the hybrids behaviour,  so the staff are back to being fake sweet with them which is good for him. Seokjin was again at his designated place with his precious mirror still eyes and nose on alert for a certain kind eyed girl.

Once he sensed those humans (students) coming his way and he needs to hide so he sighed before standing up and exiting back to the cage but before he could do that he bumped into something hard and fell.

"Hey, are you okay?.. I am sorry"

A man's voice sounded above him but that's not where his attention is. His attention is on the broken pieces of glasses of his precious mirror. The man is still stamping on it with his shoes. His heart broke into million pieces seeing his precious mirror and soon rage filled in him.

He scratched the man's hands which were trying to help him up and pushed him back to retrieve his broken treasure as he ran back to his cage with tears flowing down his face.

He got punished that day. Of Course he got punished that day and was put into that disabled candidate cell. It was dark and very scary two days after his misery he got adopted by a man with a dimple smile, he realised later that it's the same man who broke his precious treasure, but his eyes are surprisingly kind despite having a patched up claw scar in his left wrist. So there are more kind people out there? This man who broke his mirror.... maybe he can fix it and also his broken soul.

__________________________

A/N:

This chapter tells you more about the society behaviour with hybrids.And also why Jin remembered y/n and how he met Joon :)

Also if you don't remember when jin and y/n met it's in 2nd chapter of the book.....