twenty six

Yvonne 

My alarm clock booms through the room and I sit up awake. I turn off the alarm and yawn before I jump out of bed. Since I charged my phone last night, it's already on full batt. Though, I hadn't checked Niall's message last night which I wasn't able to continue reading. 

I swipe my phone open and it reveals three messages from Niall and one from Montie. I open Niall's first. The last message says "I mean. Morning, Yvonne!"  The second from the last message says "Morning, sunshine!"  I giggle at the message. And then the final one, which I wasn't able to read last night.

"I love the project you guys did." Oh well. What a nice start. I open Montie's message as it says "let's talk about it at school ;)"  

I shake my head and put my phone on my bed. I prepare the clothes I'm gonna wear and enter the bathroom. I really thought Niall would say somethin more.... you know. Okay, so I did tell myself that I won't get my hopes up, but I want to. I really like Niall. Goodie, I admitted it even to myself. 

After I finish my duties in the bathroom, I put on my clothes and all I have to wear. I put my hair up into a neat ponytail and put a little eyeliner on under my eyes. I put a little bit of concealer on the small spot of pimple on my forehead and proceed downstairs afterwards. As I arrive downstairs, I see mom, dad and Halle sitting in the table.

"Why am I always the late one?" I say with a little laugh. 

"Cause you wanna be pretty, dear." Mom says, putting a bowl of mashed potaoes in the middle of the table. 

"I don't." I set my bag beside the chair and sit down. "Halle, why aren't you dressed for school?" 

"Oh, we don't have classes today. Teacher's day for us." She smirks at me playfully. 

"You lucky thang." I chuckle.

"Sure am." 

I pick up my spoon and scoop up some potatoes from the bowl, and so does Halle. After eating, I say my goodbyes to my family and then head to school. I step on the gas and then drive. I arrive a school and then greet the security guard good morning. As I enter the school campus, a greet from Montie reaches me and then we hug each other. 

"So, did you get hurt after the accident?" Montie speaks. 

"Nope. I wouldn't have came here if I did." I laugh.

"Right." She laughs embarrassly. "Let's get to class." 

We walk pass the hallway. "So, what's your first class?" Montie says.

"P.E. Yours?" 

"Spanish." She says

"Aww, guess we have to split ways then." She laughs. 

Without saying anything but smile, I go to the lockers first to change my oufit. No one seems to be in the hallway to the lockers. Something touches my shoulder, or should I say someone. I turn around to see who it is. It's a boy whom I've never seen in school before. 

"Can I help you?" I ask him. 

"Yeah. Can you tell me where the boys locker rooms are?" He asks. "Oh and I'm Percy." 

I smile. "Yvonne. Oh and the locker rooms are over there." I point ahead. "Just walk sraight and turn right. You can see a sign that says it's the locker rooms."

"Thanks, gorgeous" He smiles toothily and then walks forward without saying anything afterwards.

I just shrug to myself and enter the girls locker room. I see some of my friends from gym class Lorri and Karlie. They wave to me and then I place myself beside them, where my locker stands.