three

Yvonne Dulce 

I stare at Harry, examining him. I must be hallucinating.

He's not here with me. He's not here with me.

As I open my eyes, he's gone. I sigh in relief after knowing he really isn't not here with me in this very room. 

"I'm still here, love." His voice speaks, making my heart jump in my throat. 

I look at him behind me. He's staring at the window, looking all sad and emotional. Why does he do that often? 

"When I was young, I used to stand here, waiting for my parents to come back for me and pass through that very road to come back for me. I go tired of waiting, so I gave up." He speaks, not bothering speaking about his past to me. 

'I'm sorry." I say. 

"You don't have to be sorry because it's not your fault." He says. He turns around to face me, a smile plastered on his beautiful face. Wait, did I just call him beautiful? He's a phantom, Yvonne! "Thank you for your pity, though." And I nod. 

"Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be in heaven or some place else?" I say, but he laughs at me.

"I have an unfinished bussiness, hun. Without fullfilling that mission, I can't cross the afterlife." He sits on my bed. 

"Oh." I sit across him. 

"You know, this used to be my room." He smiles, probably remembering the past before his death. 

"What about now? Don't you sleep in it? Or maybe hang out?" My eyes widen from my thought

He chuckles. "No. I don't sleep." 

Great. Now I'm forgetting he's a ghost. He's dead, Yvonne. You're talking to his spirit, not him. "Oh." 

"You seriously don't know about that?" I shook my head. "Well, bad for you." 

"Do you remember your killer's face?" I ask him, ready for his answer. 

"Actually, no. All I know is he had blonde hair. Only that." He frowns, maybe feeling bad for not remembering. 

"I could help you find him. I can help you remember. I can try." 

His eyes widens. "You would?" 

I nod.  

"I don't know why you're doing this, but thank you."

"Can you tell me about your past, Harry? The ones you remember." Am I really talking to a ghost? A phantom? Is he nice? As Myrtle said, he's a very nice man, so I'll take that as a yes. 

"Yvonne! Dinner's ready!" Mom shouts from downstairs. Way to ruin the moment, mom. 

"We'll talk later." Harry says and then suddenly dissapears from the room. For a moment, I stay frozen. I remember, he's a ghost, you idiot. Of course he can just dissapear.

I run downstairs, excited for what's for dinner. It smells delicious. Must be delicious because we just moved. Oh well, I have to be quick because I can't wait to listen to Harry's story. I sit down the table, greeting my dad who's already placed in his chair. 

Mom serves roasted chicken at the table, smiling at her masterpiece. That's why it smells so good. But most people have the grossest foods when they just transfered to another house, but ours is different.

Before I could bite on my meal, a dark shadow figure appears near the fireplace.

Harry. 

Why is he here? Shouldn't he be at my- his- ugh- the room? I can't eat well when someone's watching me. It's weird.

He just stares at me while I eat my food. I slowly eat my food, checking Harry out at times. 

"What are you looking at, Honey?" Mom asks, and I look back at her. 

"Nothing." I say. I look back at the fireplace, but Harry's gone. I think I'm the only one who can see him, or he only shows himself to me. Weird. 

"So, since school starts in a month, we already enrolled you at Hollow High." Dad says. 

"That's a weird name for a school." I laugh. 

"Well, we enrolled you and the principal is glad to have you. They have seen your records and all your high passing grades at your previous school at Edmondton. They were outstanded by it and glad to have you with them." Dad says. "And you're going to continue your school at Hollow High untill you graduate, which is next year. That good?" 

I just nod, not wanting to say a word. Of course it's not good.

---

Dinner was finally over and I run slowly back to my room. I see Harry sitting in the bed. As I come in, he turns around in surprise, and cracks a smile. 

"They want me to go to Hollow High." I roll my eyes. Suddenly, I became so confident around him somehow, though we just met like an hour ago.

"I went to school there." He smiles, remembering the past inside his head. "But I can't seem to remember everything."

"I'll help you remember, don't worry." He nods. "Now, can you tell me the past that you remembered?" 

"Of course. You have read some in my journal, and I'm just gonna tell you some things." He pauses "Before I was killed, Andrew already warned me about talking to Lia, but I just can't help it. I wanted to talk to Lia and ask her what happened to the old us, and all, but she refuses to. Andrew threatened me, if I talk to her again, he would kill me. One night, I went to Lia's house and climbed at the tree to her room. I tried to talk to her, but I didn't know Andrew was there with her. I thought she was just studying." He says. "That's what I can only remember. I can't seem to remember the things that happened after that." He burries his face in his hands. 

"It's fine. It's enough, Harry. I may be talking to a ghost, but I know you're here wih me and I'm willing to help you." I pat his back. "I can touch you?" 

"Yes, but I can't feel you." he frows. 

He is so cold. He is lifeless, no blood, no warm. Just coldness. I rub his back, even if he can't feel it. His cold lifeless soul, touching my warm body. I can't believe I'm talking to a ghost, touching a ghost, and complementing one. Can this be real? 

"I see." I say. "When should we start searching for your killer? Do you know where Andrew lives?" I ask, still rubbing his back slowly. 

"No. I don't know. We'll start tomorrow, if that's okay with you?" He faces me. 

"Of course." I nod. 

"Well, I have to go somewhere else. See you later." He stands up from bed. 

"Sure. See you." He dissapears, like he did earlier. I have to get used to that because when Harry's around me, he'll probably do that everytime.

I pick up Harry's journal and scan the notes again. Harry has been through all these and it's heart aching. I have to help him cross the 'afterlife' and maybe meet him when I get older and die.

I look at the last page of the journal. Something seems to be written. 

The date isn't specified, but it will do.

    To whom ever is reading this right now, I want you to know if I die, please find my body or any parts of it. It would probably be decomposed by the time you're reading this, but thank you. I bet something's still left for Myrtle to own from me. Tell her I love her. 

-------------------------------------------

Short and non-interesting chapter. I'm kind of in a hurry sooo bye xD

Please vote/comment/share/fan/be fab ♥