twenty four

Yvonne

It has been days since we have teamed up together. Halle had already been to school and she has been loving it. As the past few days had passed, I had the feelings that Louis told me about. Jasper's warriors are already starting to show some of themselves to us as a warning that they are coming.

"I'm so excited to go to school again, Yvonne! I don't know how I can thank you and your parents." Halle says beside me while holdin my hand. 

"That's not a problem, Halle." I smile. 

Halle sends me her goodbye while she walks inside the campus of her school. I wave her goodbye and head back to the car. I step on the gas and turn around to drive to my own school. I drive pass many people and cars but, thank mornings that there aren't any traffics today. Maybe later. 

I arrive at my school. I park the car in the parking space and hop out of the car after putting it out. As I walk out, Louis and Liam approaches me and high fives me. Wow, that's new. 

Louis  

"Did you tell her already? She should be safe." He asks and tells me.

"Yes, I did. Should I tell her about who and what you really are, yet?" 

"No! Not yet." He sighs. 

"Okay. We should go to school." 

I hate lying to Yvonne because she's such a good person to be lied to. She can't even dare kill a simple butterfly. That's how nice she is. She's really nice. She doesn't need to get hurt.

Yvonne

"Okay, so the project is due tomorrow and..." She pauses for a while "We're finished!" Montie shouts. 

We all sigh. "I thought it's not over yet, or I'm so gonna die." 

"So, what should we do after this?" Louis asks. 

"Um, go to class, duh?" I answer with a little chuckle

"Right." Louis answers and everyone laughs. 

Knowing Louis' secret and being friends with ghosts is really good. I love being with them, I love the feeling of being protected and watched over. I know right now because I killed Jasper, I'm so dead if one of his ghosts army will catch me walking around the streets alone. 

Liftig up my bag, I join the group and walk to our classes. Before I could go inside, Louis grabs my wrist and he locks us inside the janitor's closet. 

"What's going on?" I ask him confusely. 

"You need this for protection." Louis hands out a knife, just like the one I used to kill Jasper. "You don't know, maybe one of the people in your class can be pretending to be a human. A lot of ghosts can do that."

I smile. "Thank you, Louis. I'll watch out for anything suspicious." 

"Good." He smiles at me and opens the door. I walk out first and him after. 

Before I walk to my classroom, he smiles at me sweetly. As I enter the room, I spot Niall sitting beside an empty seat. I approach him and ask him if the seat is taken. 

"Actually, I saved this seat for you." He smiles at me. 

"Aww, thank you." I grin at him and take my seat. 

"So, I heard the project is done." He says.

"Yeah. It didn't even last untill the deadline. Never thought of that." I chuckle.

"Me too. Though, I never really hepled a lot." He grins. 

"I know, but that's alright. It wasn't een that hard." I say just so he wouldn't feel bad. 

Well, damn that project was kinda hard. Looking for answers, questions and researches, printing and all hard stuff. 

"Really? Awesome!" He sends me this sweet smile he wears everytime only when we talk. 

I do this thing called stalking since I had a crush on him, and I figured that he doesn't really smile around other people, except for Montie. He loves his sister. Does this mean something? I don' want to keep my hopes up for Niall cause he may like someone else. 

The bell had already rang, meaning the next period is Arts. I really love arts even though drawing and painting isn't really my thing. As I step inside the room, I spot someone familiar sitting and sketching. Zayn. 

I approach him, sitting down on the empty seat beside him. "Wow." I say as I stare at his drawing. 

"Oh, Yvonne. Hi!" He smiles at me. 

"I thouht you didn't go to school? And don't they get suspicious that you only show up once?" I ask, setting my bag behind me.

"Nope. They can't really see me as me. Only you can. Also, I love arts." He sends me a grin.

"Me too!" I say in excitement. "Well, I don't really kno-" 

"Hello, students!" Ms. Banks happily greets us as she comes in. She's also my favorite teacher, if you ask. "Sorry if I'm a little late, but let's not talk much so we won't waste time. I want you to pick a partner and you two have to draw what you desire." 

"Can we paint it or just pure pencil sketch?" A girl asks from behind us. 

"You may or may not." Ms. Banks sweetly smiles and takes a seat. "Well, you can start now." 

"Would you be my partner?" Zayn smirks and I smile. 

"Of course!" I grin. "But, Just letitng you know that I can't draw." 

He chuckles. "It's okay, honey." He whispers, sending shivers through my body. 

I ignore his shivering words and start picking the pencils up. "So, what do we draw?" 

He looks at me before looking down and looking back at me again. "Wanna draw a cabin?" 

"Seriously? Where did you get that idea?" I laugh. 

"I don't know, really. But let's do it." 

Maybe twenty minutes or so, we have already finished our 'perfect cabin' (as what Zayn said) and we decided not to put paint on it cause we thought it was gonna ruin the drawing, so we decided to leave it unpainted. The sketch looks really good with Zayn and mine's 'skills'. Okay, only Zayn had the skills but I can draw. 

We showed our painting to Ms. Banks and she was pleased with it. We were the second pair to finish because of my clumsiness, I had to re-sketch the trees cause the others... let's just say it didn't turn out that good. 

"See? I knew we'd make a great team."Zayn winks at me and leaves the room. 

Wow. 

---

When I was about to open the door to the house, I notice that my parents' cars aren't outside, meaning they're not home yet. I fish for the keys in my pocket and tugging them out. After using the keys, I put it back in my pocket and open the door and lock it. 

I run upstairs to my room and close the door behind me. I crash onto my bed and cover my face with a pillow. Why do I have this something in my chest when Zayn is near me? It happens everytime. Shut up, Yvonne. The reason why you didn't try to fall for Harry is because he's a ghost. Zayn's a ghost too, remember? my sub-conscience tells me. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" I scream into the pillow. 

"What's going on, dear?" A voice says. 

As I take the pillow off my face, Zayn's figure stands visible in the corner. And.... 

We're the only ones in here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! It has been a month already, wow. But here's chapter twenty four. Things are gonna get heated up!