Bleached Ghouls

Summary:

On their way back from the Soul Society, Ichigo and Rukia's gateway took them to an unexpected turn for them. They find themselves back in the living world, but in Tokyo not Karakura Town.

(For some reason, Rukia's gigai and Ichigo's body was there with them in that world.)

They soon realize that they are not in the same living world that they know.

________________________________________________________________________________

The sounds of birds chirping and city traffic far off in the distance, brought two people back to their senses. One of them opened his eyes, "Where... where am I?" he mutters out loud, everything was bright and fussy in his vision but it begins to clear up. He notice that he was sitting on a park bench and the ski was orange, must be 7 or 8 at night. Not to mention a feeling of small but slightly heavy weight on his right side.

He sees his midget friend sleeping on his right arm and using it like a pillow, he moves his body slightly causing her to stir. "Mmm... Ichigo?" she sat up and rub the sleep out of her eyes. "Where...?" "I don't know, Rukia. This isn't any of the parks back home."

"Mama, Looky. That man has orange hair!" a little boy no older than three points at Ichigo, While Ichigo and Rukia were taken back at the boy and his mother, who was scolding him that it was rude to point at people, were able to see them. The mother bows politely to Ichigo, "I'm sorry." the mother apologizes, "It's okay, I get that a lot. And no it's not dyed, it's my natural color."

"I apologize again." said the mother, while her son said, "It's really cool, Nii-san!" Ichigo smiles at them as they leave the area, "They can see us." Rukia said bluntly, she had noticed that she and Ichigo were back in their bodies. Or rather Ichigo was back in his and she was back in her gigai.

"What the hell happened?"

Time Skip

The two of them agree to find out where they are and to find a train station, They soon notice how much technology has advanced than the ones they have at home. They also heard of people talking about Ghouls and CCG whatever that is.

Once they found a station, Ichigo ask a worker if there was a train heading for Karakura Town. The man just gave him a confusing look and said, "What are you on, son? There's no town with that name anywhere in Japan." After what seems to be forever with arguing with the man, Ichigo and Rukia left the station. "Is this how it feels for you to be overwhelmed, Rukia?" said Ichigo, "Yeah, now you know how we feel every time we come here."

"Hey, are you couples lost?" Ichigo and Rukia whip around to see a tall man with black hair and brown eyes and a brown-haired woman with blue beside him. "Sort of. We missed our train and can get our hotel room back." Rukia answered.

"Oh my, I'm sorry that happen to you. If you'd like we can take you to our apartment. The landlord did say there are extra rooms open for rental." the woman said.

It took a lot of convincing, but Ichigo and Rukia reluctantly agree to go with the couple's offer. In the end, he and Rukia agreed. The man introduces himself as Hotaru Takahashi and the lady as his wife, Naomi Takahashi. The four walked away from the station and from the crowds of people before the two knew it they were in a dark, long alleyway.

"How far are we from your apartment?" Ichigo asks the couple feeling more skeptical by each passing second. "It's just around this corner." the man replied as he and his wife turn the corner.

Rukia was also taking back at her agreement when the feeling of dread washes over her and Ichigo's bodies. And when they turned that corner, that feeling was correct. Along with the harsh impact to throw them to the ground along with the feeling of pain ripping their shoulders, as they felt the blood dripping down on them and clogging their sense of smell.