0.6

Before leaving for fashion month Hadiyeh had written a note, a surprise note for when she's gone and JJ's cleaning the house. If he ever cleans the house that is. She shakes her head clearing her thoughts as she folds the paper sticking it to under the dining table with blue tack.

JJ was still asleep with Jannah, the night that had just passed was their last night together so they had made the most out of it, and JJ had passed out. Earlier though, Jannah had climbed out of her crib and clambered onto Hadiyeh and JJ, fitting herself cosily between her parents, as she fell asleep bathing in their warmth.

She cooked them all pancakes, a family favourite, personalising each stack to suit them. Haidyeh's were covered in syrup and butter. She had made JJ blueberry pancakes with cream. And Jannah who had a very specific taste, choc-chip pancakes with Nutella and cream. 

"Good morning, mama!" Jannah cheered coming through the door as she sat on JJ's shoulders. 

"Hey bubba," She smiled greeting them both with a kiss. 

"Hey Hads," He beamed, today was going to be their last day together in a while, meaning they were going to make the most out of it, no crying, no sadness, no matter how much they just wanted to lie in bed and cuddle already missing each other, "pancakes?"

"A treat." She grinned as JJ sat Jannah in her grey high-chair putting the stack of pancakes in front of her.

"Where to first?" JJ started a conversation at the breakfast.

"Paris, Milan, London then New York," Hadiyeh listed the list of locations.

"Might come to visit you in New York," JJ chuckled. 

"I'd be more than happy to see you," She replied, a spirited smile on her lips.

They ate the rest of their breakfast talking about nothing in particular.

"That was delicious thank you," JJ kissed Hadiyeh, the sweetness of the syrup exchanged between them.

"Tasty!" Jannah agreed, bopping her head in agreement.

"I'm glad you approved," Hadiyeh and JJ laughed pulling away.

~~~

Hadiyeh and JJ's goodbye was not a sad or sorrowful one, they were both adamant that they would be seeing each other within two weeks, so there was no need for tears.

Hadiyeh hadn't expected vogue to treat her this well. She had boarded her private plane to Paris this evening and had someone pick her up, he would be her temporary assistant over the course of this month.

"Hadiyeh Ezra?" The man attempted enunciating Hadiyeh's name, completely butchering the pronunciation.

"Yeah, but please, call me Hads," Hadiyeh smiled sharing a hug with the man who was staring at her up and down. She was a married woman, but could also appreciate a good looking man.

"Well, Hads, I'm Lamar Hill, but since we're doing nicknames, call me Nas," 

"Nice to meet you Mr Nas," Hadiyeh chuckled as the bodyguard picked up Hadiyeh's luggage.

"The car is waiting for you outside," 

They made their way to Paris's most luxurious hotel, in the middle of the city right next to the louvre where the runways would be held tomorrow.

"Would you like a tour of the city before the shows later?"

"Nah, I've been here too often," She chuckled, the streets holding many memories for her. She and JJ came here for their first valentines day where JJ spent a shit amount of money and then the next few times, plus their most recent visit when she signed the contract with Armani, "But by any means, if you want to go, you are more than welcome to," 

"Nah, my ex and I came here a few months ago, don't plan on reliving forgotten memories," 

"I'm sorry," Hadiyeh said sorrowfully.

"Don't be, it was for the better," He laughed shaking his head, "We're going to sending a month together, might as well use this time to get to know each other,"

Hadiyeh chuckled agreeing with him. 

"I'll meet you downstairs in an hour, to freshen up and stuff,"

"I've heard about a good coffee shop around here, want to go?" Nas turned to Hadiyeh with a raised brow.

"I'm down," Hadiyeh grinned.

They went their separate ways, as soon as Hadiyeh closed the door of her room, she made sure to send JJ a text saying that she had landed safely and reminded him to feed their two pets, although Jannah was usually on top of feeding their very two fat hamsters.

Just as she stepped out of the shower, her phone rang, JJ's face popping up on the screen.

"Mama!" Jannah blabbered from the other side of the line, it felt odd seeing her mothers face from behind a screen, usually, Hadiyeh and Jannah would be the ones seeing JJ from behind a screen, not the other way round.

"Hey, bubba!" Hadiyeh replied with the same level of enthusiasm.

"Jannah, where have you put Morphus' food- oh hey Hads! Safe flight?" JJ was searching for Neo and Morphus' food.

"Yeah, slept through the whole thing," She chuckled.

"And yet I'm called lazy." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, I wouldn't have fallen asleep if it hadn't been for someone getting a boner last night," Hadiyeh laughed. 

"Like you didn't enjoy it." 

"Yeah, you're right, it was great." She made a face. 

"Baba, Morphy!" Jannah's voice could be heard from the corner of the room as she had reached her hand into the cage trying to pick up one of the hamsters.

"Hads, I'll call you back, Jannah's got herself into a mess,"

"Alright take care love you."

"Love you more."

The screen turned off as Hadiyeh tossed her phone onto the bed, moving to get changed and pray before her outing with Nas. She had a few questions to ask her new assistant, starting with the important question of his juice preference: apple or orange? 

Written: 08/20/2021

published: 10/10/2021

(A/N: No more long chapters, well hopefully xx )