2.8

FLASHFORWARD: Hadiyeh's hospital bed

During the past two months, Hadiyeh had been fully conscious, just unable to move. Constantly exhausted from fighting the darkness that threatened to take over her. She had shown her first sign of life this morning when she moved her fingers as her doctor whose voice she had become accustomed to squealed in excitement. Hadiyeh was Dr May's first-ever comma patient and she had been over the moon to see Hadiyeh's hand twitch. 

"Susan, tell Mrs Ezra's family that she's been showing signs of life, hopefully, she'll be up by the end of the month." 

Hadiyeh had fought a tough battle for almost two months she was at war with the unconsciousness that seeped into her body threatening to take control. The boys however were a massive part as to why she hadn't given up yet. It was the highlight of her day, hearing them come over and talk every day about their lives, part of her felt horrible for leaving them but it was also the reason she fought to stay alive. 

She had listened to Josh and Freya's feud that was yet to be resolved, she knew this because JJ hadn't yet given her the news of their reconciliation. She had heard Josh's cries and also heard Freya's who had come to visit Hadiyeh not long after Josh, saying that she's pregnant, telling Hadiyeh she's the first to know. Oh, how much did she want to get up and hug her, telling Freya that everything going to be fine and for her just to simply talk to Josh about it, knowing he's surely understood. 

Then came Ethan talk about how he would wait until Hadiyeh got up before he proposed, he still had so much he wanted to ask her about how to organise the proposal and wedding. She had heard give her a love confession about how she had thought in the beginning she and Ethan were simply going to be a one-night hookup, telling Hadiyeh about how she hadn't expected to fall head over heels for the ginger man, she even apologised for causing such a hassle between Hadiyeh and Ethan. Now understanding how close Hadiyeh and Ethan's relationship was, she had been there to comfort Ethan when the news first broke of her being in the comma and how hard he cried the first night. That day hadn't didn't want anything more than to get up and comfort them, telling her how proud she was of Ethan and Faith for moving against the odds and finding love.

She had heard Sasha come over with their little one. Nikky. She talked about how much she wished Hadiyeh could have seen their daughter before she had got into a coma and how they had made Hadiyeh little Nickky's godmother. Vik had also paid Hadiyeh a visit by himself, bringing her a bouquet of flowers, apologising for never learning her favourite flower, he spend the visiting hour talking about how much everyone missed her and how much he wished he was here to give him advice on parenting, his question being of how to spoil his daughter but also keeping her humble, hoping she'd wake up. Hadiyeh wanted nothing more than to wake up and take little Nikky into her arms and shower the newborn in love, overjoyed by becoming an aunt and Godmother.

Harry and Nas had come over a few times and Hadiyeh didn't need eyes to see and feel the love exchanged between the two of them. Harry had come alone and thanked Hadiyeh for everything, apologising for causing a hassle between her and JJ. But had thanked her for being so accepting and talked about how he couldnt wait for her to wake up so he could make things between him and Nas official to the group. Nas had come over and apologised for not being able to finish FashionWeek without her, telling her that there could always be next year, and he couldnt wait for her to get up so they could go on holiday together for him to take her to New York and show her how the 'Americans' do fashion and food, knowing she'd love the American waffles New Yorkers were famous for.

Simon had come to visit Hadiyeh a handful of times, knowing he couldn't bear to see his life-long sister lying on a hospital bed suffering. He talked to her about pointless things, knowing no matter what state she was in, she would always make time for Minter, she would always listen and give advice that you were a fool not to take, she was almost always right. The first time he came to visit her, he cried, begging her to wake up and how without her the group was falling apart. He talked about the amount of support the fans had given, flooding all of their social medias' with messages of comfort and 'get well soons'. He talked about how no one had uploaded anything on any of their channels for the first three weeks before management threatened to drop them. JJ however couldn't give a shit less and was yet to upload. 

Talia came to visit once every week, she talked to Hadiyeh about how thankful she was that she had put Simon on her path and her conversation would often lead to reviving old school memories of how Hadiyeh had managed to get into a fight with one of the girls in the cheer squad within the first week of moving to Grangewood Prive School, over how they had been rude to Talia and that's how the two had become friends. Or the time that they sent notes in the exam hall about the new guy who was sitting in front of Hadiyeh. She even brought up the memory of how Hadiyeh tackled the most popular guy in school behind the corner shop over the nasty rumours he was spreading about their friendship group, he had to go to the hospital after and never came back to GrangeWood. Their visiting hours would end in Talia crying and Hadiyeh had truly fought to get up and comfort her friend, wanting to take her non-blood sister into a hug, knowing that Talia was closer than family.

Tobi came over a few times, talking about how much he missed his sober friend and promised that if she wakes up, he'll reconsider swapping his apple juice for orange. He talked about how much Saeedeh missed her and how strong she was being for everyone else although he could see through her unusual thick layer of foundation and concealer her tear-stained cheeks and red puffy under eyes.

Saeedeh came every other day, talking about how she wished Hadiyeh was awake so she could see how far everyone's come, she talked mostly about Jannah and JJ though speaking about how he was being much more responsible and mature, she apologised to Hadiyeh for being hard on JJ, hoping that when she woke up she'd understand that Saeedeh had only done those things knowing it would be best for everyone else. She also apologised to Hadiyeh for not letting any of the other Ezra household come to visit her, knowing their mother had a weak heart and lungs and wouldn't be able to bear to see her middle daughter battling to live in a hospital bed. 

And lastly JJ. 

He would be sitting at her bedside without fail every day, he would talk about everything from the big things to the little ones, how they had made SideCast public and how it was doing very well to what he had that morning for breakfast. He would water the orchid he had put on her bedside, hoping that the day after she'd be conscious enough to water it herself. He said that he and Jannah were talking about her as they walked past the florist as she pointed out the red and white orchid, saying she'd know that 'mama would love it, and you can water it, every time you go and visit'. He would talk until the sob in the back of his throat would burst and he would begin sobbing and the polite nurse would gently ask JJ to leave. He would always whisper I love you and kiss her forehead, hoping one day she'd be able to return the vow. 

And maybe today when he came to visit, would be that day where she could finally reply with 'i love you more,' for he was the reason she hadn't given in to the darkness yet, she still had so much ahead of her and her little family of three.

~~~

Hadiyeh's eyes fluttered awake as the heart rate monitor, sped up, flagging the doctors and nurses attention all of them rushing into her room. There she sat with a smile on her lips, she was finally awake, still, however, her breathing relied on the oxygen machine, being unconscious for two months meant that her body was still weak and fragile. Her head was spinning and her eyes had gone blurry before passing out again. This time, it was merely just a nap, fighting the constant battle in her body had exhausted her. 

Written: 26/10/2021

Published: 28/10/2021

(A/N: I'm going out with like 20 people in like half an hour and I can't wait!!)