3.0

Present time: Sidemen 10 years anniversary

"Whoever had the idea for XIX vodka was, deserves hell," Hadiyeh muttered as she gripped her glass of water tighter, as she watched JJ in the middle of the dance floor with Troy and Ethan who were all holding glasses of vodka in their hands as they drank and moved their bodies out of rhythm to the beat the girls around them trying to get their attention one way or another. She never considered any of the boys' good dancers. Not that she cared for their dancing skills anyway.

"You can blame Ethan and Harry," Tobi chuckled as he intertwined his hand with Saeedeh, as she brushed her other hand through his hair cooing quietly.

"I love you." She whispered quietly as Hadiyeh tried not to gag.

"How romantic." She rolled her eyes and moved to get up and find someone who was not six feet deep in love.

She needed a breath of fresh air, eventually finding herself on the roof of the building, away from all of the party's commotion. The cityscape lay beneath her as her head swayed lightly to the music. She was released from the hospital a week ago and had enjoyed the week she had got to herself and JJ, they did nothing over the course of those seven days besides lounge around and talk about the past two months she had been out cold.

Christmas was coming up in a few days and Hadiyeh had suggested mending things with his family, she had seen the sadness every year when Christmas rolled by, every year he was reminded of his dispute with his parents, it would reopen his wound. And Hadiyeh could almost always see through his facade.

He had pushed aside her suggestion without a second thought and she sighed leaning her head back on the couch as Jannah crawled onto her lap and JJ cured into her side, all of them falling asleep watching home-alone.

"The city's beautiful from up here, isn't it?" She turned to see JJ standing a few feet behind her, his arms crossed trying to trap the heat in his body. It was December and the air was cold and crisp.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead 

"Mhm," She hummed, "It's stunning."

"Just like you," He murmured handing her his glass of water as he put his hand on the small of her back as she leaned into his touch.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

"It's always been a question for me, as to where you would have ended up if you didn't have this tongue of yours?" She asked rhetorically as he chuckled, his breath fanning onto her neck.

They stood there in silence watching down as the world around them moved as they remained frozen in time, the sound of the busy city below them and the music drifting from the party going on under their feet gave their comfortable silence ambience. She leaned into his warmth, as he wrapped his arms around her. They had grown together, from loud, stubborn, hot-headed teenagers to mature parents.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine 

"Come on, you're still meant to be very careful." He said kissing her cheek wanting to lead her back inside.

"I'm fine," She breathed out, her breath visible in the cold air, "Dance with me."

"What?"

"I know it's stupid, but dance with me, JJ." She repeated her request, putting the glass he hand handed her onto railings, wrapping her nimble fingers around his massive palm pulling him towards the middle of the roof.