1.9

FLASHFORWARD: HOSPITAL

As soon as Saeedeh and Tobi had seen JJ walk in they each gave him a small hug and gave him space, knowing it wasn't going to be easy for him. 

"Hey bro," Tobi whispered pulling JJ into a bro-hug. JJ didn't reply, he could reply. His throat had gone dry and his tongue felt like a block of sandpaper in his mouth, seeing Hadiyeh lying there on the hospital bed. Half of her face was covered in small red cuts from the window's shattered glass that had cut into her face, her hand was put into a cast lying next to her, her face was pale and expressionless. It was as though JJ's world came crashing down on him, the world that he had created with Hadiyeh the one where they live in their bubble of happiness. Someone had taken this world and drained all the colour from it and he could bet you a million pounds it was the same person who had drained Hadiyeh's face from colour. 

It was odd to see Hadiyeh like this. Usually, her pink pouty lips would be smirking, like she always knew something you didn't. She would have her copper-brown eyes beam with joy and happiness even though the words coming out of her mouth would be sarcastic and flat. Her eyebrow would be arched with a query, she was a curious lady, always trying to figure out the impossible. 

JJ's eyes met Saeedeh maybe she was the only person who understood his pain. She wasn't crying. She couldn't cry. She had to keep things together for the sake of not only herself but Jannah and the boys too.

"Wheres Jannah?" He turned to his sister in law, his tone carried hope, artificial hope. Everyone in the room could hear the sound of his heart breaking when he entered that room.

"She's with Freya." Saeedeh had sent their daughter home earlier today not wanting for her to witness her father's reaction when he wakes up to find his wife in a hospital bed.

"We'll give you a moment," Josh said motioning for everyone to clear out of the room, leaving the two broken lovers alone.

JJ didn't speak. He had nothing to say. There was nothing he could say. He couldn't believe his eyes. There lay his wife, motionless. Instead, he felt his lips quiver and his head spin, he fell onto the chair next to the bed, tears shedding from the corner of his eyes. His quiet cried turned into sobs, there was no one here to hold him, to comfort him, to tell him that she'd wake up. He wept. Loud shameless cries.

FLASHBACK: GQ AWARDS 

Hadiyeh and JJ had each received invites, but for different reasons. JJ was now a big-time musician, celebrity, YouTuber, he was the talk of the season, he was dominating the UK scene this year. As was his wife, Hadiyeh was the talk of the fashion world, she was not only dominating UK fashion but universally. 

Saeedeh and Tobi had offered to babysit so Hadiyeh and JJ were attending the celebrity award show together. Hadiyeh had already received the seating plan for the tables, Hadiyeh, JJ, Anne-Marie and Jack-Harlow were all sat at the same table. Jack-Harlow and Hadiyeh went back, Jack was a friend of Adrian and Alex from back in Dubai and they had met back then, they had even gone out on a few dates before realising that their visions for the future is too different for them to settle down, but they kept in touch regularly so she couldn't wait to see him in person again, especially after so many years.

After their night in Leeds, they had caught a cold, as they finally made their way back to the tour bus the rain had begun pouring and they both had stuffed noses and sore throats for the past few days, JJ had cancelled two of his shows because of it. But it was worth it. 

"Hads, this is mad, we've never done anything like this before,"

"We met in a shitty house on the outskirts of London trying to achieve our dreams," She said as she reapplied her lipstick.

"I can't wait to take these off," He tugged at his clothes, the skinny jeans made him uncomfortable.

"I can't wait to take them off of you," She smirked, correcting him.

"Don't do this to me." He groaned, she knew exactly what to say to fluster him. 

A few minutes later, Hadiyeh noticed JJ's leg bouncing in anxiousness as the arena came into view, in a few weeks JJ would be performing here at a sold-out show. She put her hand on his thigh, immediately easing his waves of worry. He thanked her with a kiss to her cheek, regretting it with a chuckle as the foundation residue roosted on his lips. 

They got out of the car together, flashes and screams were gathered their way, everyone trying to catch a glimpse of the hot couple, there hadn't been a couple as successful as them in this industry, since Selena Gomez and Justin Beiber.

"Hadiyeh!"

"Ezra!"

"KSI!"

Paparazzi and fans all screamed, shrieking for their attention. "Never a fan of paps." She said as they stepped together onto the red carpet flashes going off at every angle.

"Same." He said holding his hand protectively around Hadiyeh as though by instinct.

They spent merely a few minutes on the carpet and made their way inside guards and assistants following in front or behind them.

As they git seated, at their chairs, Jack came back to the table holding a drink in his hand and lipstick stains over his cheeks. He always had a way with the ladies.

"Hads?" The man cocked his head to the side squinting his eyes recognising her in the dimly lit arena.

"Harlow." She smirked. Classic Hadiyeh Ezra, Jack thought to himself as he got up to greet her and the man sitting beside her.

Written: 17/10/2021
Published: 19/10/2021

(A/N: Double update bc I feel like it ;) Also Happy eight years you lot :p)