3.4

"STOP DISMISSING ME!" JJ fumed as they had both stepped out of the shower.

"What more do you fucking want from me?!" She was raging, they had gone for a harsh round of angry sex in the shower neither of them wanting to admit that they're in the wrong.

"This was meant to be our holiday! You promised no work! YOU FUCKING PROMISED ME!"

"Wallah, you know I would if I could. But I fucking can't! So, take your sour attitude and stick up your ass!" She was tired of dealing with JJ's constant yelling.

"NO! I'm not letting you go! This was meant to be our holiday!"

"STEP THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!" She seethed; her jaw clenched as the words slipped out of her mouth laced with venom. She was on fire, no one had ever dared to tell her what to do. JJ was no exception.

"No."

"Move." She growled.

"No." He stood his ground.

"Listen." She took a deep breath calming herself down, knowing one of them had to be calm and it wasn't going to be JJ, "I was told about the meeting just before the plane took off, so don't sit here giving me this childish attitude, you're not a toddler anymore, grow up."

"So, what you could have just called management and told them you couldn't do it!"

"Well genius, don't you think I've tried?" She refrained from making any further comments about his lack of common sense, sometimes she truly wondered how they had ended up together, "This is the one and final meeting I'll be attending whilst in America. I promise."

His shoulders slumped and he nodded.

"Look at me," She whispered stepping closer to him, "I'm sorry, I should have told you sooner, but I didn't get told any earlier than you did."

"It's not your fault." He sighed drawing a deep breath as he looked at her with a small smiled, she looked gorgeous like this, her curly mane framing her face beautifully as her eyes glazed over with tears, she was upset. Not only for JJ but for herself, her workload had not only been affecting her, for I that was the case there wouldn't have been a problem but it was affecting her family. That's what was killing her.

JJ sighed at the sight, he moved, embracing her. They didn't need words to exchange their love for each other but their presence alone was enough. She almost fell apart in his arms. He was the only reason she had been able to make this far. He was her rock. She was his stability.

"I swear you have a meeting to get to?" He joked his chin resting on the top of her head as she had disappeared into his massive arms.

"Yes, I do have a meeting to attend to if this polar bear lets me go." She chuckled, sniffling, she hated to be seen as weak.

"I think this polar bear is very comfortable where he is and doesn't want to move."

"Then no one is going to force him to."

They spoke in third person, jokingly not wanting to break their own fragile egos.

They stayed there for a while, swaying lightly taking in this moment. Their holiday had definitely started on the wrong foot but they were going to make the best of it.

"No more arguing whilst we're here, promise?" Hadiyeh's words were muffled by his hoodie that she had stuffed her face into.

"No more arguing." He sealed the promise with a kiss on her forehead as they pulled apart.

~~~

Hadiyeh sat in the conference room as the Sephora ambassadors talked. And talked. And talked. To the point where Hadiyeh had gotten so bored she had begun snacking on the little complementary foods, they left on the desk for the meetings. Whilst they were discussing the analytics and sales Hadiyeh's mind had wandered off to what her husband and daughter were doing.

A few floors above the conference room JJ and Jannah were having the time of their life as JJ played some music on the portable speaker as the two of them danced around their pyjamas to some pop song that had come upon JJ's shuffle.

Jannah was dancing around with her brush in one hand pretending to mouth the words she had so often seen her parents do when it was her bedtime. It was a tradition in the Olatunji-Ezra household for them to have a very fun bedtime routine that consisted of them putting their music on shuffle as they danced around, ending their very stressful days on a good note was important to them.

"Watermelon sugar higggghhh!" JJ's voice cracked as Jannah burst into laughter.

"Baba! Stop!" She laughed half-embarrassed half entertained.

It didn't take long for Tobi, Simon, Ethan and Randolf coming to knock on the door and complain.

JJ shamelessly opened the door, topless, wearing nothing but his trousers and socks with Jannah in her pyjamas on his hip, giggling whilst she poked JJ's beard with her finger laughing as he pretended to bite her hand.

"What?"

"Turn your music down, some of us are trying to get a bit of peace before we head out tonight."

"Oh, shut up," He rolled his eyes, "Come on in, we just ordered room service."

Just before Simon and Ethan came in, JJ stopped them, blocking the doorway with his foot.

"Oh hell nah," He chuckled, "Get your Mrs."

The boys chuckled disappearing to come back with their ladies.

"What was it with you two yelling?" Tobi asked falling down onto the sofa.

"Yeah man, we could hear you screaming from down the hall." Randolf nodded in agreement.

"Nothing, it's her working, this was meant to be our holiday and she somehow found a way to get work involved." He sighed as Janah climbed onto Tobi, sitting comfortably on his shoulders as he entertained her, tickling her feet as she burst into laughter.

"You can't blame her though, Saeedeh was talking with Hads earlier, saying how much she hated her work is affecting your relationship."

He nodded, Hadiyeh had been trying to get away from management for the past month and it hadn't been as easy as either of them hoped it would be.  

Written: 06/11/2021

published: 07/11/2021

(A/N: Reviving this from the dead lmao)