2| family?

10 October 2019, NY

ALTHEA VOLKOV

"Miss Volkov we have found some relatives" the officer said "what the fuck!"

•Flashback•

I am in-front of the Wilson's house to see that i am not the only one as the police heard the sound of my car they looked my way, i got out of my car and made my way towards them.

"Are you Althea?" An officer asked as i nodded and he looked at me sympathetically "i am sorry to inform you that your parents died in a car accident yesterday" he said "foster parents" i corrected him as he looked at me confused now.

"You would have to come with us to the station and we can take your dna there to see if you have any relatives" he explained "sure i will follow you" i said nonchalantly.

I am in the officers office now and a doctor came and took my dna already, "it will only take a couple of hours since we have our suspicion on something" the officer said making me tense a bit, what suspicion.

"Anyways where were you yesterday when the accident happened" he asked "i was on a vacation i just came back from the airport" i lied smoothly as he nodded.

A couple of hours passed with me sitting on my phone and the officer entered again "miss Volkov we have found some relatives" he said.

•End of Flashback•

"What the fuck!" I said in disbelief as the officer gave me a pointed look then sighing.

Pity is clear on his face and that just angers me more "that's not possible I don't have a family" i said in denial as he shook his head "I understand you situation, but your family has filled a missing report 13 years ago and they have been-" he started and i zoomed out on what he was saying.

Is it possible, that i do have a breathing family...Goddamn.

"Miss Volkov are you with me" the officer called bringing me back to reality "sorry what were you saying" i asked.

"Your family will be here in the morning they are flying from Italy" he informed me.

Italian, i am Italian. I am not Russian? What in the world is happening.

I nodded "i can stay at the house till tomorrow right?" I asked "unfortunately since you are still 17 you will be staying-" i cut him off "i know but i just lost my family the one i knew and i just came from the airport just one last night with all of our memories" I said while faking saddens.

And my lie went through him smoothly " i am gonna get in trouble for this but yeah sure you can stay we will be there tomorrow with your family" He said and i nodded in appreciation.

I got into my car and went back to the Wilson's house, tomorrow is going to be a hell of a day.

•$•

HENDRIX EVALO

"Hello this is officer Mike from NewYork police, am i talking with Hendrix Evalo" the officer voice came through the phone.

"Yes this is he" i said back "Mr Evalo i have your daughter Althea in custody Her foster Parents just died in a car accident" The officer said and my hope came up then crashing down immediately.

"I am sorry you must have the wrong number my daughter name isn't Althea" i said through the phone. "No sir the dna test here shows that she is related to you 98.9% and if you wont mind can you be here to confirm that she is your daughter" he asked.