A Long-Awaited Homecoming

The twins continued to progress. Sometimes in little steps and other times in bigger steps. But progress was still progress. They had little to no fallbacks which the doctors were happy to see. With COVID-19 now confirmed in Korea, the twins' visitors were limited to their parents only. And even then all three of them had their temperatures taken, they were asked if they had been feeling ill, and they had to change into clean sanitized hospital gowns as well as clean and sanitize their hands and arms before being allowed to see them. They took every precaution to keep the twins safe. They kept ARMY updated as often as they could.

Jaehyun was progressing a little faster than his sister, which meant he was ready to try to breastfeed before Minah was. The nurses had noticed Jaehyun's rooting reflex had started which meant he was looking for food so they hoped that meant he would be able to eat without the feeding tube. It was the first test to see if he had developed the suck, swallow, breathe reflex needed for a baby to eat from breast or bottle. If not he could aspirate so the nurses kept a very watchful eye and Lyssah and Jaehyun. Taehyung held his breath as he watched Lyssah sit down, untying her hospital gown to try to feed their son. It took a moment to get him to latch on but once he did it was immediately obvious that he was going to be able to breastfeed with no problems. The nurses still stayed close by just in case. Taehyung smiled and sat next to Lyssah, running his thumb lightly over his son's cheek while he ate greedily. Once he knew Jaehyun was feeding well, Taehyung covered them with a blanket and took a picture, posting it on Instagram with the caption "Jaehyunnie's first feeding is going well."

Jeongguk sat on the other side of Lyssah, holding Minah on his chest. They had decided since Jaehyun would be getting the kangaroo care while feeding, he would hold Minah on his bare chest and give her the kangaroo care at the same time. He absolutely loved holding his daughter and did so whenever he could.

It was only a week later when Minah had her first feeding. She struggled to latch on more than her brother had but once she had she was all good. Jeongguk did the same thing as Taehyung, posting a picture showing Lyssah and Minah covered with a blanket, saying how well the first feeding was going.

Now that both twins were breastfeeding they started to gain weight steadily. Their body temperatures were regulating on their own. They were both breathing without any help. They had to undergo a few more tests of course to be absolutely sure they were ready to go home.

It was mid-March when they were discharged from the hospital. For the two days before their discharge, all of BTS as well as everyone living in Lyssah's house cleaned the house from top to bottom. This included spraying a sanitizer in each and every room, cleaning and sanitizing the carpets, furniture, clothes, tubs, sinks, anything that would be used for the twins in any way.

The day they came home, the other members of BTS had Sejin take their temperatures then they went to Lyssah's to help Charity and the kids set everything up for the twins' homecoming.

Seokjin and Yoongi washed bottles because even though Lyssah was breastfeeding, she had been pumping since they were born so this made it so Jeongguk and Taehyung could feed the twins bottles of breastmilk. It helped them be more involved in feeding the twins.

Jimin and Hoseok brought the portable bassinets for the twins out into the living room along with blankets, diapers, wipes, pajamas, and anything else they thought Lyssah or the twins might need.

Namjoon helped Charity tidy up what little needed to be cleaned. They also placed the gifts Sejin, Hitman Bang, and a few staff members had sent by the couch for Lyssah to open when she got home. Some of Jeongguk and Taehyung's friends had also sent them gifts for the twins which were added to the pile which of course included gifts from the twins' Bangtan uncles.

At the hospital, Lyssah, Jeongguk, and Taehyung were getting last-minute instructions for the twin's care, signing their discharge papers, and dressing them to go out. It was still pretty cold, so the twins were dressed in warm, fuzzy clothes, hats, and snowsuits. Once they were strapped into their car seats with a blanket over each of them, Lyssah put the covers on each car seat as well as a blanket to keep them extra warm. Jeongguk and Taehyung each grabbed their child's car seat and some of the bags while Lyssah grabbed the rest of the bags. A nurse took a picture for them, that Lyssah posted on Instagram with the caption "Bangtan twins are finally going home, ARMY!" Then the three of them were pulling up their masks and leaving the hospital with their babies.

They considered themselves very lucky that ARMY hadn't found out what hospital the twins were at, whether this was because they just couldn't find the information or because they chose not to intrude no one was sure but it was appreciated either way. This made them leaving the hospital go smoothly.

Lyssah had to show TaeKook how to hook the car seats into the car but both learned quickly how to do it and they were on their way. The twins slept for the entire ride home. Taehyung drove which gave Jeongguk time to text the group chat and ask them to make sure the kids were quiet when they came in so they didn't wake the twins up.

When they got home, they came into a warm, quiet house with everything set up for them. Seokjin and Charity were making lunch so Jimin and Hoseok were the ones that came over to take the car seats so Taehyung and Jeongguk could get their coats and shoes off. Namjoon and Yoongi helped with bringing everything else in. They put everything in the living room while Jimin and Hoseok put the car seats on the couch. They took the blankets and covers off the car seats, then the extra blankets off the twins before unstrapping them. They both looked at Lyssah, Taehyung, and Jeoonguk to see if it was okay for them to pick up the twins. When all three of them nodded, Jimin and Hoseok each picked up one of the twins and carefully removed their hats and snowsuits so they didn't get overheated.

Once everyone was settled, the rest came over to coo over the twins. Minah started to fuss a little but Jeongguk was right there to calm her down. Lyssah was happy with how quickly both Taehyung and Jeongguk were taking to fatherhood.

Since everyone had had their temperatures checked and no one felt sick in any way, each member of BTS got a chance to hold the twins. They wouldn't be able to visit as often as they liked so they wanted to enjoy whatever chance they each had to hold the twins. They stayed for dinner, helping cook, set the table, and wash dishes afterward before going home for the night. Jimin was the only one who stayed since he was dating Charity.

After the twin's 7 pm feeding, Taehyung and Jeongguk gave them each a bath and put them to bed. They made sure to turn on the baby monitors before coming back out to the living room with Lyssah, Charity, Jimin, Alex, and Felicity. All of the kids had been very well behaved. They kept their voices down and were careful around the twins. Even though it was still early Audrey and Jacob were in their rooms settling in for the night and Vinyl and Paige were in their rooms playing video games or watching YouTube.

Before going to bed and after the twins' next feeding, they took a picture to post on Instagram, still not showing their faces with the caption "First night at home."

It was a rough night for them with the twins waking up every two to three hours to be fed and have their diapers changed but none of them would have it any other way. They were just happy that their babies were healthy and finally home with them. They couldn't ask for more than that, even as exhausted as the three of them were the next morning. TaeKook had a lot to learn but they had a great support system to help them through it.

A/N: This story is coming to an end soon. Only a few more chapters left. I do plan on TaeKook doing the twins' face reveal to ARMY for sure. Plus, a chapter updating the relationships of Jimin & Charity as well as Hoseok & Imogen. Please let me know what you think so far.  Borahae!