The Truth Unfolds

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE THIS WEEK SINCE I MISSED LAST WEEKS UPDATE.

The following day, Taehyung and Jeongguk had some things they needed to do. So, they left with the promise of being back that night. That would give Lyssah time to contact her friends and make arrangements to meet them all somewhere so she could tell them their secret. The only stipulation the two maknaes had was that they had to be with her when she told them in case things didn't go the way she thought they would. Even though she felt like they were worrying for nothing, Lyssah agreed, kissing them both goodbye before they left. She told Alex she was going to her room to have a video call with some of her friends and asked him to watch his siblings.

She sat down on her bed and opened her laptop. She opened the group chat with her friends and asked them if they could do a video call, explaining it was important. Since they were all actually free at the moment they agreed. Once she had all six of them in the chat she explained that she wanted to meet up together to talk to them about something important. She knew not all of them could afford the trip so she offered to pay for those that couldn't including their hotel rooms, something Taehyung and Jeongguk had agreed to do for her. It took some convincing but they all agreed that they would meet up in Chicago in a week. This gave everyone time to get things taken care of at home for while they were gone, pack for the trip, and leave. They all decided that they would do it over dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant in Chinatown, since some of them had never been to one before and Lyssah, Kia, and Imogen had all loved the food there earlier that year. 

Things had been so hectic it had been forever since Lyssah had talked to them. They ended up talking for longer than expected. Lyssah not realizing how late it was until Jeongguk walked into her bedroom, almost getting caught on camera. Lyssah quickly shuts off her camera. 

"What are you doing back so soon?" She asked confused.

"Baby, it's almost dinner time. We did tell you we'd be back around this time." Jeongguk replied.

Lyssah's eyes widened when she looked down and saw the time on her laptop. Wow she really had lost track of the time. Before she could say anything more she heard Imogen's voice from her laptop.

"Eonnie, where did you go? Who are you talking to?" She asked.

"Shit. Go wait in the living room. I'll be out in a bit." She tells Jeongguk.

"Okay. Don't be too long." He says, kissing her softly before leaving the room.

She turns her camera back on and looks at her friends. "Sorry about that. It's later than I realized and I need to go make dinner."

"Who was that? It didn't sound like one of your kids? He had an accent." Charity asked.

Lyssah chewed on her bottom lip a moment. "I'll uh....explain when we get together in a week. I promise."

"Okay....just...promise us that you're alright." Kia says.

"Yes, I'm good. No need to worry. It'll all make sense in a week." Lyssah states.

They say their goodbyes and end the video call. Lyssah takes a deep breath and closes her laptop. That had been a little too close. They needed to be more careful. She got up and went out to the living room, sitting down between Taehyung and Jeongguk. The latter apologizing for almost getting them caught. Lyssah smiles and tells him it's okay. She makes them a nice dinner and they curl up on the couch together, watching her boys play video games, while Audrey plays with her dolls.

It's a hectic week for all of them. As promised by Hitman Bang, money is transferred from both Taehyung's and Jeongguk's accounts into Lyssah's. She almost chokes when she sees how much is there. She tries to argue with them both about it but they aren't having any of it. She finally relents and uses the money to buy plane tickets for her friends that need them as well as their hotels. She lets Sejin make the reservations at the restaurant for them, knowing he needs to pay them to shut the place down for them and have everyone sign NDAs so it's safe for BTS to be there and openly discuss the pregnancy without worrying someone will leak it to the press.