ARMY Meets the Bangtan Twins

As the boys continued to work on recording their newest song and practicing the choreo for it, they began to discuss with Lyssah the possibility of finally letting ARMY see the twins' faces. Namjoon's thought was when they recorded their behind-the-scenes video for the making of the music video, they could do a face reveal for the twins. Now that a good majority of ARMY were supportive, he thought it would be a nice thank you for their support since many were asking to see them.

After giving it a lot of thought and taking time to discuss it between the three of them, Lyssah, Jeongguk, and Taehyung agreed to do it. Yoongi insisted on buying their outfits for the video. He had already seen some cute things he wanted to buy the twins anyway. This just gave him all the more reason to do so.

BTS and Lyssah sat down with Hitman Bang, Sejin, and a few of Big Hit's staff to pick a date to record everything, a date to release the video on the boys' BangtanTV YouTube channel, and a plan on how to do the reveal.

Everything was written down and planned out as perfectly as they could so there would be no mishaps. And once everyone agreed on it they ended the meeting and began to set things in motion. Out of all the ideas pitched, they went with Seokjin's. They were planning on doing a video showing other Big Hit Labels' artists lip-syncing to the new song. It would be the perfect time to show the twins. A quick glimpse during the video and then full reveals during the making of video. They all loved the idea. The twins would be 10 months old when it was recorded and around 10 1/2 months old when it was released. Giving plenty of time to edit and rerecord if needed.

It would also be the first time since the pandemic started that the twins went anywhere other than doctor appointments. Lyssah, Taehyung, and Jeongguk preferred to limit who they came in contact with as much as possible. The only people aside from those living in the same house that got to see the twins were the other members of BTS.

While Big Hit and BTS prepared for the comeback, Lyssah and her children continued to keep a low profile. She took the twins to appointments as needed, texted with the young ARMY mom she had met before, talked to her family, and even had a couple of video calls with Mrs. Jeon. Jeongguk and his mother had talked and cleared things up so he had no problem with her doing video calls so she could see and talk to Minah.

All meetings Lyssah had with anyone from BigHit were done through video calls. And Taehyung and Jeongguk were always present whether they were in the room with her or in the room at BigHit with whoever she was meeting with. There weren't a lot of meetings but the ones they had were to discuss the video clips with the twins in them. In the end, BigHit convinced Lyssah to be in the video as well. She was nervous and unsure at first but they reminded her about the amount of support ARMY had been giving her since the twins were born and how the negative and hateful comments had pretty much stopped. They also told her that their threat to take legal action against any hate or threats made towards her was still in force and they'd make sure ARMY knew that before they posted the video.

The video was recorded shortly before Halloween. The twins were changed into the outfits that Yoongi had picked for them, had clean diapers, and full tummies before the video was even recorded. Lyssah and Alex sat off-camera each holding one of the twins. The staff thought it was cute watching the twins get excited as they watched their daddies and uncles. The part of the video with the twins in it actually went really well. There was no need to reshoot any of it. Which was good because Minah was getting fussy by the time they were done. She was in Jeongguk's arms, her head resting on his shoulder, a pacifier in her mouth, and her favorite blanket wrapped around her. Jaehyun was sitting in Jimin's lap while Taehyung took off his makeup. He was giggling at the faces Jimin was making.

As Halloween rolled around, they decided that it was safer for Lyssah and Charity's kids to trick or treat at the BigHit building rather than going out. This was mostly because BigHit staff wanted to see the twins again. Like before they took every precaution and everyone was tested beforehand. Jeongguk and Taehyung picked out the twins' costumes. The staff each went out and bought bags of candy to give out when the kids stopped by their offices. Any staff that had children were invited to bring their children in to trick or treat as well. And all of BigHit's staff and artists were encouraged to dress up, which they all did. Masks were a requirement for all but no one was bothered by that.