March 22, 2015

Dear Diary, 

        Sorry we haven't talked in a while. Luckily I did something interesting this weekend. Today, I got back from my camping trip! It was so awesome, we went canoeing and made our food in a box oven! Okay, so here's what happened

        On Friday at around 6:00pm we got to the camp sight and picked out cabins. Another group was camping with us. They had five seniors and ambassadors. Each cabin held six people. Since I didn't really want to sleep with all the younger ones because they always want it light and talk, they let me stay with them. McKenna was cool but I wouldn't call us friends.

         I only really talked to one person all weekend. Her name is Eve, she's 15 years old, and only lives a few minutes away from me! I really like her, she's the more mature one in the group. She knows when to play, and she knows when to work. She reminds me of myself. Anytime I hang out with my group at Qur'an class I'm the one left out. I just don't understand their humor. Neither does Eve when it comes to her fellow girl scouts. We were the only two in the group who didn't bring a phone, I mean, who brings a electronics on a camping trip?

        Friday night was spent sitting around the fire making s'mores. I haven't roasted marshmallow's over a fire in quite a while. Then we went to bed, not much to do at night. But it was nice for the first night of a camping trip. On Saturday the real fun began. 

        Saturday morning we woke up and got dressed. Then we made breakfast. We had eggs in a bag, and blueberry biscuits with lemon glaze. I really want to make the biscuits again. The lemon is what really made it taste good. It took a while to make everything with so many people. Abby was there but he stayed in our van as his temporary "man cave" a.k.a the van. It was a girls camping trip after all.  

        When we finished breakfast we went canoeing. There were two people in each boat. I team up with Eve since she had already done it before. We had a lot of fun. I learn that I suck at back paddling. After about an literally 3 hours we came back to the have lunch. We had fruit salad, tuna sandwiches, nutella and peanut butter sandwiches,even PB&J. I decided to eat some fruit salad, as well as half a tuna sandwich and a piece of bread with nutella on it. We had lemonade as the drink. 

After lunch the Girl Scout leader taught us how to use a compass. Then the daisies had a nature walk. The older girls were going to play volley ball but everyone except for me and Eve fell asleep. So instead we just talked for half an hour. I learned a lot of things about her. When the Daisy group got back, it was time to start dinner, my mom had planned a big dinner for Saturday night. We made Chicken Fajita and a Dorito Enchilada Casserole. Me and Eve were in charge of the Enchilada. After dinner we went up to the fire pit to make banana boats. Those were to die for!

        We did almost everything together. I asked her if she thought I was annoying since I was taking her away from her group. I scolded myself right after for sounding like such an idiot. She admitted that if I was annoying she wouldn't be walking with me. I laughed at her and we went to go get ready for bed. After we put our night cloths on we decided to play Uno. We played 5 rounds. She won two, I won three. Afterward we went to bed.

        This morning we woke up and packed all of our stuff, setting it outside the cabin. We then headed to the main house for breakfast. We just had oatmeal and a piece of fruit. For drink people picked either apple cider or hot chocolate. We then cleaned the camp and put all of our stuff in the car. I slept on the way home. When we got home we ate PB&J for lunch and then got our stuff out the car. 

Thanks for listening, I have to go do my homework now. 

                                                                                                                   Zahabia Signing Off!