September 16, 2016

Dear Journal,
So, tenth grade. Not quite what I expected. This past month has been challenging a rewarding. The new girl scout year, harder school work, family. Its been a bit of a handful.

I drew a few cake designs. Took hours, forget that days to make them all. I most proud of my Mulan design because the only thin I traced was the font. A\N: You can see the cake she made above.

I'm still a girl board member. In fact, I have to go as a greeter for a Soirée tomorrow. Can't wait to see how that turns out. I'm also no longer the only senior in my troop. Three other girls have joined me. They're pretty chill for the most part. We're working on a Locavore badge. A locavore is someone who only eats locally grown foods. Today we went to the library to discuss everything we will be doing.

School has been okay. Government and math (shocker there) are the hardest classes. I now have earth science instead of biology. Totally awesome! I'm also taking digital art and American Sign Language. I'm Stoll taking Honors English. Which is harder than 9th (duh) but still enjoyable for the most part.

Having 11 (soon to be 12) people in the house instead of 8 isn't actually that bad. Everything seems to be fine. Everyone's growing, learning, and becoming better. And some things are staying consistent as ever. Sharia still sleeps with me. She's 3 now. With the new many coming soon, I can't help but see her in a different light. She's not going to be the youngest anymore. As she lays under my arm, I realize how big she's gotten. She is no longer small enough to completely hide under me. I can't help but wonder in what things will be like five years from now. Will I be married? In college? What about my siblings? Will they change, be totally different as teens or has older kids? So many unanswered questions lie ahead. Fortunately for me, its looks like I'll have to start facing them, head on.

-Zahabia