December 7, 2015

A/N: Unique Peeps won! So thank all of you for you contribution to the decision :D

Dear Journal,

                          The year is coming to end. I shall once again being adding another year to the amount from which I was born. Of course as a Muslim I do not celebrate my birthday, but I feel this year is important. Sure it's pretty cool to finally turn thirteen. But I honestly think that people don't actually consider you a teenager until you've been one for a full year. Hence why I'm pretty excited to being turning fourteen. I'm counting down each and every day. There are twenty-four more days of waiting before I can wake up and say I'm officially a teen. In my head of course. 

                      Lately things have been a bit hectic and calm all at the same time. Alhamdulillah the surgery on my mouth went fine. I don't see why my teeth have to be so darn stubborn. Three of the baby ones didn't want the adults to take their place, so they had to get pulled out. Then the adults that were supposed to come down got stuck up where no one could see them. Now I have gold chains in my mouth. one end attached to my braces and the other to the tooth. This will help the orthodontist coax them down. I'm now going to have braces for another 2 years or so. They said I should have them off by the time I finish high school and start looking for a spouse. Thank Allah for that!

                    On thanksgiving break me and two of my friends decided to go out and go roller skating. We skated for a little over three hours. In between we got pizza and a milkshake for lunch. The only reason I even went is because I still had money left over from the babysitting job back during Ramadan. 

                   Speaking of which, I only have about twenty-eight dollars left from that. Though I do suppose it's pretty good to spend two hundred and seventy-two dollars in the span of six months. I need to buy some essentials again. I'm a growing girl! I've had the same pants and half my shirts for almost two years. Step Pap says he'll give me 35 dollars to spend on getting a new phone for me and whatever else I need. I have one of those old flip phones. I really want to get it changed to at least a touch screen, so Paps said he'll give me the money. By the way, I'm twirling in the middle of a library right now (in my head.) And no I do not mean a field of unicorns. They don't even exist. Anywho, Salams!

~Zahabia