Chapter 3 Mood

"Welcome back sis!" The girl greeted you as she saw you enter the room.

She tried to pet the cat on your shoulder but it refused. It jumped down from your shoulder and ran towards your room.

"Aw..the kitty doesn't like me.." she said with a disappointed frown.

"I think he needs some time to get used to you Xiuying."

"B-but he immediately gave his trust to you! How come he isn't trusting me..?"

You crouch towards the little girl that was about to cry and stroke her head slightly. She leaned her head on your chest and hugged you back.

"Give him some time Xiuying. He's going to trust you one day."

The girl hugged you tighter than before. But something was off. She wouldn't just cry because of that. You kissed her forehead slightly as a comfort.

"There, there..you mustn't cry because of that. Did something else happen?"

The little girl pulled away from the hug and looked directly into your eyes. The girl smiled with her teary eyes and went upstairs to her room without a word. You were confused and yet so eager to find out what her problem was. You shrugged and went to the kitchen to put the groceries inside the refrigerator.

. . .

"Macaque! Come here!" You shouted from the kitchen.

The black cat didn't waste any seconds from hearing his name and came running towards you. Since you were sitting on the floor with crossed legs, he immediately went between them.

"Good boy, now stay still.."

As he noticed something placed around his neck. He started panicking again. He struggled around between your thighs and made a lot of head twists.

"Heck, what is this?! Get this off me! Wait- what?"

The cat stared into somewhere in the distance. Not knowing what just happened. While you looked at him with sparkly eyes.

"Oh my goodness! Your voice is so deep and handsome! I'm sure a lot of female cats are into you~" You joked.

The cat wasn't very flattered with the sarcastic compliment and again stared at you with its sharp eyes.

"You've got it all wrong, woman. The female kittens out there have the opposite effect of my voice."

"Oh, how come?"

"Do I look like I know?!" The cat shouted slowly making an attack stance.

"Woah, Woah there little guy. Who knows what I'm capable of doing something to you if you attack me-"

"Ohoho, I'm very well aware you whore! You just put me inside the bathtub together with you this morning! Have you got any idea how awkward that made me feel?!"

You thought about it for a second and noticed what his problem was. Well, at least that's what you thought.

"Oooh~ You're into female huma-"

"Stop! You got it 100% wrong! I am NOT into humans! I despise them!"

"Oh, if you despise them so much, how come you've been licking my face all day huh?"

"I!- uh..I...I-*sigh*"

"Hah, that's what I thought. You love me so~ much~!"

You happily sighed in victory. Winning an argument against a cat was somehow on your dream list. For no reason at all, you wrote everything down on a big pile of paper.

"Fine, I give in. I love you. Now give me food. I'm starving."

"Straight to the point eh? Alright, what do you want to eat?" You asked while scratching the back of your neck while opening the fridge.

"Just give me cooked food. It doesn't matter what it is. Just gimme."

You looked around behind you and saw a pack of opened ramen. You slowly looked back at the cat who was a bit impatient.

"Ramen..?"

"Anything but that." He said with his eyes half-shut.

. . .

As you started to cook something, the cat just couldn't stop bothering you. He would lick your face, jump up and down from your shoulder as soon as he hears you opening another pack of beef meat.

The cat couldn't stop drooling over what he saw you were making. You smiled at his behavior and settled him down.

"Wait here 'bud. Food is ready to be served soon." You said as you stroked its head slightly.

"Aaah yeees~ That's the place~"

"Pfft." You cringed and stopped.

"Hey, don't stop!"

You rolled your eyes and went back to the kitchen. The food was ready and you decided to tease him a little bit.

You cut one of the beef's edges and turned around to face the cat. His tail was swinging just from seeing the piece of flesh on your fork.

"Give it to me!" He shouted.

You smiled and slowly opened your mouth.

"Please!!"

You placed the fork inside your mouth and closed it. Now chewing the piece of meat.

"NOOO!" The cat shouted as it jumped towards you.

You shook your head around, trying to get the cat off your face.

It landed on the counter aiming for another jump on you.

"Stop! Bad Macaque!" You shouted at him.

"No! You just ate my meat! I'm going to piss everywhere if you don't give me my meat!" He threatened.

You let down a teardrop of pain and groaned. You stomped your way to the counter and took another plate. You didn't say anything and placed his plate on the floor. Before he began to eat, he gave you one last stare.

You sighed and called your sister for lunch. The little girl came down with red eyes. Must've been because of her crying earlier. She sat down quietly and started to eat her food. She wasn't quite social towards you today. Something definitely must've happened for sure.

As you were eating your food, you stared at the little girl. You wanted for her to speak and tell you what her problem was. You stopped as you felt a certain someone standing on your shoulder. You looked at him. Annoyed.

"Macaque, get off. Don't you see I'm eating?"

"I can see that but I want more food."

"The kitty has a name now?" The girl interrupted.

You looked at her with a smile a shrugged.

"Yeah, but the cat was the one who told me his name. I almost would've called him Luna or Night-shadow."

The cat stared at you with disgust.

"You would've named me Luna?! Are you stupid?! Can't you see I'm a male-Hey!" You cut him off by pushing him down your shoulder.

"And as you can see, he isn't very nice towards me. I guess he only gives his trust when they want some attention." You continued.

The little girl lets out a disappointed 'ah' sound and continued to eat. You expected more from her but she seems more disappointed as soon as you start a random conversation.

'Just what is your problem Xiuying..?'

° ° °