Chapter 21 Catching up

BRo...might as well make this "Lego Monkie Kid Characters x Reader"

° ° °

You groaned in pain as you sat up covered in sweat. It was like a sauna but worse. You looked around and spotted a pool of lava right next to the comfortable bed.

'No wonder.'

You laid back down and rolled off the bed. Not caring if the floor was also extremely hot.

Then again, where were you? What was this place? It looks like some kind of ritual room but lacks people. Were you the test subject or something?

You slowly turned your head towards the gigantic door that left a creaking noise that caught your attention in the first place. It revealed the same guy from the other day. That started chasing you.

You lazily stood up from the ground and dusted your clothes. You looked up to him and furrowed your eyes. He had food taken along him? That's weird. He starts chasing you and then taking care of you? Come on. You only fell from the vehicle. Nothing cruel. It could've gone worse than that. It could have exploded.

The guy took a moment to look at your condition. To his surprise, you were doing just fine.

"Good morning. Peasant." He said the last part in a whispering tone.

You just fake-grinned at him.

"Well, good morning. Idiot."

The guy let out an annoyed sigh before leaving the tray on the night table made out of metal. He looked back at you with a notice.

"I hope you still remember me."

He left the room but hesitated to close the door behind him. What a weirdo.

You looked over to the tray and went up to it. Curious if he made it himself. You poked your finger on it and tasted it.

"This is...spicy..." You said, feeling the sweat coming down your face.

You tried to forget the spiciness burning through your throat. He didn't offer you any drink which only lead you to suffer through the pain. Let's say you weren't into too spicy food.

You sat back down on the bed. Thinking about why he brought you here. Then again, he said something with 'remembering him'. Something clicked in your head. Slowly building up some certain face with the same scar on his cheeks.

"No way..."

You ran towards the door and tried to open it. God's heaven it was heavy as heck. And he was able to do it so casually? Really?

"Lil' Red! Get me out of here now!" You shouted between the little peek hole.

"This is an order!"

You smacked the door with your bare fists, not caring if they were going to bleed or break anytime soon. Footsteps were quickly approaching the door. Seemingly to be in a hurry.

"Re-e-ed!" You shouted in anger.

"Step back!" The muffled voice shouted back right at you.

You did as you were told and just as you had expected, it was the same guy from earlier. You let out a sigh in relief.

"You're alright..." You said with a soft tone while wearing an worried smile towards him.

Red Son's eyes were wide. Shocked that you still remembered him after all this time. It's been year's since he last seen you.

"You still-"

"I still remember you, yes. It's been so long. I thought I'd never get to see my old friend again. How have you been, Red?"

Red son was emotionally touched that you still remembered him after all these years. You haven't talked much but he certainly remembers that you cared very much for him. Like an overprotective elder sister. His lips started quivering, his wide eyes darted on you. He wanted something from you but you couldn't quite catch what.

"Aw c'mon Red. Don't look at me like that. It makes me feel bad y'know?"

"I know, and I want you to suffer from it."

"Gee...look what your mother has done to you, little bro..." You said sarcastically while reflecting his puppy eyes with yours truly.

Red son growled in annoyance and rolled his eyes at you. He darted somewhere in the distance and furrowed his eyes. You dropped your smile into a frown, knowing that something was off. Literally.

"Red, say what you need. I'm not getting what you want." You finally asked. Making him turn towards you nervously.

He started fidgeting his fingers and hope to receive what he wanted from you. He cleared his throat and stoop up straight formally.

"Well, I was hoping to get a uh...a real greeting from you. You know. Like a-"

"Hu-u-u-ug!" You shouted as you rushed towards his chest.

"Not that aggressive woman!" He shouted while his hair bursts into flames.

"C'mon! This is what you wanted, isn't it?"

Red Son awkwardly wrapped his arm around you. Still growling in anger. You released him after a few more seconds before he starts attacking.

"Now, get me out of here. I have someone I wan't to find."

"What? You're willing to leave already? Come and stay just a little longer."

You chuckled and shook your head in amusement. Red did not understand as to what were you finding funny. Your facial expression quickly turned back into a frown as soon as you realized that Red son was not happy for you to leave.

What should you do? Stay with Red son or go find Macaque on your own?

"How about you come and join my adventure?" You splurted out.

"What?"

Red son stood there in disbelief but also felt his stomach flutter with butterflies. He grumbled and thought about it. It would be nice if he came along with you but in the other hand, he'd have to abandon his parent's orders he was told to do. It irritates him to think which would be the better option. He adored his father and wanted to make him proud. But when he thinks about you, he seemingly doesn't wan't to let you go. He missed you. He wanted to stay by your side and protect you. Like a brother.

"I don't know."

You twisted your head in concern and held Red Son's shoulder in comfort. He looked down to his feet and thought harder. Making his brain explode into tiny pieces. Was it that hard to choose? Or was it his ego acting up? Whatever it was, you wanted for him choose quickly.

"Red, it's fine if you can't. I'm guessing you still have a lot of work to do from your parents."

"No, I want to come along. But my mother will not be pleased with this." He answered immediately.

You sighed and hugged him once again. Yay. Atleast you won't be lonely in your journey.

"Thank you Red. I appreciate it."