Chapter 37 Helping Hand

A few days have passed but I don't recal the time of me and Macaque's bond to grow close to be long ago. Most likely two or three days. I think.

He'd stare at me more often whenever I do something or anything at all. Eating, playing, daydreaming. He'd stare either way.

It doesn't bother me at all. His gaze all focused on me just makes me nervous all over.

His irises would shine whenever I look into his. His smile turning into a lovingly smirk the longer we stare.

Oh, how sweet he is. I missed every single thing about him.

His eyes, his smirk, his awfully clingy arms. Just everything.

Then again, my mind slipped over to Edea's thoughts about him. Just what made his attraction towards her go downhill. Did he do something wrong? Or were her taste just bad as a hoE? I mean come on, who would date the past Sun Wukong? From what I have heard, he was pretty aggressive and stupid back then.

I need to ask Macaque for the story but I'm sure he'd hesitate to tell me his past. He's very cautious about it.

I sat down on Macaque's legs and embraced him tightly. He was in the middle of meditating, so I was a little distracting for him.

"Mackie~ Play with me~"

". . .mgh. . ."

Macaque furrowed his eyebrows as I started to play with his heart shaped furr on his upper torso. It was somehow rough yet so soft. And yes, he was shirtless at the moment.

"Your chest hair are much nicer to touch than your hair~ Do you cultivate them to keep them nice and soft?"

". . .Mhm. . ."

I puffed my cheeks at his empty response and softly hit his chest over and over like a whining child.

He opened one of his eyelids and looked at me.

"You're clingy today, Lotus."

"Well, you're giving me less attention than usual. I'm greedy now!"

"Yeah, greedy for my attention~"

I continued to whine as he once again closed his one eyelid with a smirk forming on his lips. The more he ignored me, the more aggressive I became for attention.

I pushed myself onto his torso and rubbed my face on his heart-shaped fluff. Completely messing them up.

Macaque's eyes immediately went wide as he looked down.

"Lotus, I groomed them well! Stop that!"

"Love me~!"

"I already do!"

The complaining and shouting kept on going nonstop. To where it eventually started getting more. . .a private make-out session.

No, not that. Just roughly kissing and playing with each other. Giggling, small moaning, smooching noices. All that.

It went on until I finally gave in and fell asleep. While he was sitting next to me cross-legged. Something about his meditation caught him so focused. Like, as if he saw someone calling for help.

Not that the person was asking for it but, the situation was.

Something didn't feel right.

Why did the world suddenly feek gloomy? More so than before?

Did the Lady Bone Demon finally reach her goal to destroy the world? Was it already the time for everyone to perish?

Just what was it that made the whole environment gloomy?