Chapter 10 Baking skills

"..Who is this someone?" You asked nervously. Hoping he could tell you more about that person.

Macaque chuckled before he responded. But looked serious when he stopped.

"This person is special to me. I don't dare to betray our promise we made."

"Is..is it a girl..?"

He stopped for a brief second, noticing you sounding a bit off from usual. He turned his head to face you and saw your face completely blacken out. He realized at this moment, that it wasn't the best time to speak about it now. But for you, his silence said enough. It was a female he once loved.

You replaced your frown with a smile as the desserts came. The two of you sat there in silence. Not wanting to say the first word.

*ping*

You jumped, a bit startled from the sudden sound and took out your phone from the plastic bag that you brought with you from the shop. You turned it on and saw a message from a certain someone.

"Wukong.." You muttered while slowly turning red in embarrassment.

The man sitting in front of you saw how your face immediately turned into a different color. He knew and heard what you just said and couldn't help but break the table's edge into tiny pieces.

He whispered between his breath that you only could understand 'curse you'. But you didn't really know who it was meant for. The tall male stood up from his seat and walked towards the exit. Leaving you there in the small restaurant.

"Did I do something wrong?" You said as you saw him storm by the window.

You sat there, alone. Finishing your delicious dessert you ordered.

As you finished it with the last satisfying bite, you called for a waiter to pay for the desserts. But there was something else you wanted.

Before the waiter walked off, you approached him by slightly tapping his back. The male turned around with a smile and bowed once again.

"Do you need anything else ma'am?" He asked politely.

"My excuses for interrupting your work but may I know the recipe for moon cakes?"

"Certainly. I will write it down on a paper for you ma'am. Please wait here for a moment." He said as he went back to the kitchen with the dirty dishes.

. . .

After awhile, he came back with a slightly large book on his hands. He was holding it so caring, that it must be important to him.

"Sorry for the wait ma'am. Here's the recipe."

"Wait, hold on. Why is this book so large only for a moon cake recipe?" You asked while holding the quite large and heavy book.

The waiter smiled and pointed at the title.

"I've heard your previous conversation with that boyfriend of yours. I thought you might need more than just one recipe for a moon cake. On this book, are all the moon cake flavors you can make. Including making them different. Like the one he just ordered. Ice cream moon cake."

You looked at the book in amazement but you couldn't just take it for free. You shook your head and handed the book back to the waiter.

"This is all too much sir. I couldn't possibly have this recipe book for free. And I see that this book is very important to you. So I won't accept it."

The waiter gave you a smile and pushed the book back to you.

"I don't have the needs of it anymore. This book needs a new owner that can take care of it." He said while turning his back on you with a smile.