Chapter 28 Dinner

Ayo, thank you for nightmaresoflife straight up spamming the Vote button. I got like over 20 notifications because of that.😂👏

° ° °

"As...a mother? But we only met today! How can you trust me after a fight?"

Iron Fan chuckled lovingly at my comment and showed me the softest smile she could make. She looked so determined to be a mother to me. I wonder why.

"There was a little secret I had kept from the boys. Red Son wasn't born to be an only child. He had a sister who didn't make it alive. A-and seeing you in front of me, makes me think a lot about her."

My eyes grew at her sadness once more. This time, I felt the pain together with her. Losing a daughter was almost the same as losing a mother. It's painful to know the truth behind it too.

We both stood up from the bush and embraced each other. Without even noticing, our bond seems to have deepened in such a short time. Just a few moments ago, we were arguing and now, we're basically in a mother and daughter relationship.

It felt nice. Even knowing that the world might end soon, I felt so happy to be with her. We weren't blood-related but...I opened up to her. I liked...no, I loved her as a mother figure.

. . .

On the way back to the two boys, we spotted the Bull King crying and Red Son screaming at him for being noisy. As his gaze was locked on me, he quickly recovered and bowed to his wife, who was standing behind me, as an apology.

"My love! Please don't leave me! I am sorry for the mistake I have done!"

I crossed my arms and raised my left eyebrow.

"Are you calling me a mistake, Dad?"

Red turned to me in shock while the Demon Bull King formed his face into a crying one once more. It was a positive one though. He was happily crying. Haven't seen anyone do that before.

I crossed my arms and turned around in disbelief as he mentioned me as a mistake. Red chuckled behind my back and I felt betrayed.

"Betrayal!" I shouted as I pointed at Red.

He held his hands up in defense and turned around to ignore my betrayed face. I sighed in amusement and felt comfortable with a new family.

'Maybe being adopted doesn't sound bad as people say it.'

Rumors said that they were causing trouble in Megapolis. I find it hard to believe. If people say their known around the city, how come I've never heard of them? If I look at them now, they looked like a happy family. But it didn't before. Red was also confused at their change. They've never been this...lively.

However...

I like this change. I don't want to be apart from them. I want to stay here. With my family.

"Mother, what's with the change of attitude? Just a second ago you were upset with Y/n."

"Oh, Red, dear. Y/n just happen to be a part of family now. I wanted a girl, your father wanted a boy. It's only fair that we love you both equally now."

The Bull King tilted his head. Feeling quite perplexed at her word choices. He shook his head and grabbed both me and Red on our clothes.

"Hai!" I waved.

"Hello."

Red crossed his arms and tsk'd at him. The Bull King knew why he was behaving this way. He could only blame himself and his wife for not caring much about their own son.