Chapter 41 Rest In Peace

"All my lady ever desired was a world no longer plagued by pain. Until the Monkey King and his companions got in the way."

The Mayor kept his head on the low while explaining the backstory of his lady. His eyes, however, daggered at Macaque as he continued. The Monkey felt the hatred from the Mayor as he continued to listen carefully.

"Fate however has gifted her a second chance. With the Monkey King under her control, there's no stop-"

As he was about to finish his sentence, he got cut off by Pigsy who seemed too impatient to be listening to his story. Honestly, I grew tired as well. I was glad he cut him off like that. As for Macaque on the other hand. . .I took a glance and caught him looking at me with a visible, dirty smirk.

"Hey, Lotus~"

Despite being tied down to the floor next to the Mayor, he couldn't ignore his lover's serious expression.

I sighed at his disappointing state as I tried to keep our eye contact short. I was trying not to show as much affection towards him since there were many other people in the room.

"Lotus, don't ignore me. Please."

I grumbled as I turned my back on him and shuffled next to Red who seemed a bit irritated with me. I couldn't blame him. I too left him alone with Mei and did nothing to help besides avoiding Monkey King to 'murdering' one of them. Not that it'd be a help. Mk is strong enough to handle a few punches from Wukong but Red, he almost went unconscious with one blow. I felt bad for him.

"You don't look very good. . .did something happen?"

Red clicked his tongue at me as he closed his eyes. He moved away slightly as he opened his mouth to say something but. . .the reply wasn't for me.

"I don't see how. Now that she has Wukong and the Dragon Girl."

I bend myself to spot Mk's face filled with distress and disappointment. I would understand how it feels if someone took away a person important to you.

Something in my mind made me realize that not only does Lady Bone Demon have Sun Wukong on her side but also my so-called 'father' and 'sister'. I took a few steps to the way we came in and was stopped by a tall blue figure.

His expression seems to be worried. I felt a sudden connection between me and him. His eyes were bright as he kneeled to my level. No one was looking and he had the chance to tell me something finally.

We hadn't spoken much but. . .he too felt familiar.

"Hey, there little Lady. Mind if I ask you something?"

I slightly nodded as I waited for his words to come out of his mouth. He was struggling to let it go.

"Do. . .do you remember me by any chance?"

As hard as I can think, nothing came to mind. I shook my head in response, and he was upset just as I had expected.

I felt like everyone who comes in contact with me feel upset. I can't blame them for me being a literal reincarnation of someone who knew them well. It was all her fault for making me confused as hell.

I stepped back slowly and waited until he had nothing more to say. I eventually turned around and ran. 

"Lotus!-"

° ° °

The bind blowing my hair back was the most refreshing thing I had done so far. It's been so long. This reminds me of the time when Macaque and I stargazed in front of the Cherryblossom Tree.

But also, going to the negative side, he never paid attention to me while I stayed around his house and made myself comfortable. Up until the end. Where he eventually got kidnapped by that stupid Golden Monkey and ruined our moment.