Chapter Twenty Four | SmartPhones

Chapter Twenty Four x Smartphones

_____

Time is not on our side

'Cause she's waving goodbye goodbye

Smarts phones, dumb shit - Trey Songz

_____

Essence

I woke up for the third time this week to an empty bed, but this time he didn't even let me know that he was even leaving the house before he actual did it. I was getting tired of waking up to an empty bed every morning and no man there to wake up too. This was really starting to bug me and get under my skin. I didn't know where the hell he was going all the time, but it seems that whatever it was, it was way more important than taking me to the doctor today. I'd called him numerous times and his phone just went straight to voice mail, so eventually, I stopped calling him. It seemed that I wasn't on his priority list today. I decided to just call Melanie to take me, since I didn't want to risk driving there on my own.

"Hey Melanie, are you busy?" I asked through the phone as nice as I possibly could. I didn't want my pissed off mood to seep through my tone just because I was pissed with Money. She had did nothing wrong, so I took a deep breathe and decided to just say fuck Money for the time being. If I wasn't on his mind today, then he damn sure didn't deserve to be occupying my thoughts either.

"No boo, I'm just not leaving the house. What you need?"

"Well, your stupid ass brother won't answer my calls, so I'm left to find my own way to my doctor's appointment to get my leg checked. You think you can swing through and take me?" I asked, hoping she would say yes. Melanie has become the real ass sister that I never got to have. My parents never gave me a sibling, well my mother didn't, I didn't even know my dad, but he surely was dead to me after over 17  years of not knowing him.

"Of course boo, I'll be over in 10."

"Okay, thanks so much Mel," I said and ended the call. I allowed a breathe of relief to escape my throat now that I knew she was on her way. I got up from the bed and hopped around it towards the couch. I sat down and grabbed my one Micheal Kors sneaker and went on to put it on. I was dressed in a pair of light denim shorts that came mid thigh, a white blouse that hung off the shoulder and exposed my maroon bra underneath, a pair of gold and tan Micheal Kors sneakers with my matching tote bag to bring it together. I was crippled, but that didn't stop me from being cute with it.

I stood up once I'd put on the one shoe and hopped over and looked into the full length mirror. I looked damn good, especially with the dark maroon colored Hearts AFlame MAC lipstick that coated my lips perfectly. I smiled in satisfaction at my outfit and grabbed my purse to head downstairs to wait on Melanie. It was always a hard time getting down the stairs without help, but I managed to get my thick ass down them and waited by the door on her to arrive.

It didn't take long for her to get there and have me at the doctor just in time for my appointment that happened to be at twelve noon. It was fifty minutes after eleven, so we still had a whole ten minutes to spare. I signed myself in and sat down in the waiting room with Melanie by my side. I pulled out my phone to see not one missed call or unread text message from anyone. I sighed and stuffed my phone back into my purse. I was not going to let him worry me today. I was looking good and feeling even better, nothing was going to bring me down.