Chapter Thirty Six | Love Don't Change

Chapter Thirty Six x Love Don't Change

_____

Hold me down and I'm gon do the same... for you love,

I will do a thing... for you love,

I want this together even though it get better... Or worst

Cause baby sometimes,

I can tell just by your face this part of us been gone for so long.

And I know there's no replacing what we had going on... for so long.

But When it hurts, I can make it better.

Girl if it works, it's gon be forever.

We been though the worst,

Made it though the weather.

Our problems and the pain... , our Love wont... Change... - Jeremih

_____

8 months later

_____

Money

Eight months could change a lot of shit and it could make a young rich nigga realize a lot of shit over time. At the age of 24 now, I've grown into a whole new person, well some shit like that. A lot has changed since my world was taken away from me, willingly almost a year ago now. That day in court I realized a lot of shit that opened my eyes to see bigger things in the world. That day, change became a must in my life and the lives of the people that surrounded me. I realized 3 major things after Essence took that bid for me.

1. Selling drugs is a hustle, not an occupation. I've used those same words before, but after that day they actually gave me a true meaning. Selling drugs was not something I wanted to grow old doing. It was only a hustle, or a hobby that I'd obtained from my pops. I didn't have to hustle a day in my life, but I did it because my father did it until he was killed, and his father did it and the generation followed. I felt that we were obligated to carry on the Johnson legacy of selling drugs, but that court day changed everything. Selling drugs wasn't made to last forever.

Selling drugs was once a rush to me. It kept my adrenaline pumping through my body like the blood in my veins. At once upon a time, it excited me to slang and sell dope to people, but after all the shit I've been through, it became something I began to hate. It hurt me to let my father's legacy go down the drain, but shit happens. I rather it be his empire, than it be me or another one of my brothers. It was time to turn illegal money into legal money and that's exactly what my boys and I did. We went legal and opened up a Club right here in the center of Miami, it was called, Essence.

2. Life is too precious to let go to waste. That day in court, my freedom could have been taken away and it should have, but I was granted a free pass and I took it and ran with that motherfucker. I didn't go to jail for those 4 years that I would have been given, should have been given. That really woke me the fuck up a bit. I wasn't made for a cell. Four damn years is too many days spent behind bars and that wasn't where I wanted to end up at until I turned 27 years old. That was not the move for me, luckily I was give the chance to be free by my lady.

Selling drugs and hustling was one of the easiest ways to loose your fucking life to either the system or to death. I wasn't trying to meet neither of those, so that's when I knew it was time to grow up. My moms couldn't have been more happy about the decision we all made. Yeah, moms got married over the past couple months too and I guess I can accept this Rick Fox looking motherfucker. As for DJ, he was happy to be leaving the game for his family. For something I wished to have someday when the time comes for my life to be released from the pen.