Chapter Nine | Downtown

Chapter x Downtown

_____

No one told me life would be this way!

I swear nobody told me

Guess this is the game we chose to play

Crazy how it's always been the same!

People dying every day, that ain't nothing new

When you from downtown!- August Alsina

_____

Essence

"Baby, why are we here?" I asked as I stepped out of the car, onto the pavement of the parking lot that we were in. I took my shades off of my eyes and looked at the kind of dirty looking place. There was no sign on the outside to indicate what was inside of this place. Bars were on the doors and windows. I thought in my head of what it could have been, but came up short on an answer. It simply looked like a abandoned building from the outside.

"Shit, we at a gun range, why ya' think we hear?" he fired back sarcastically as he shot me a look. This smart ass mouth of his would be something I'd have to get used to now. The both of us had tempers and smart mouths, and that sometimes ended in disaster for the both of us. I was adjusting to his and he was adjusting to mine. I shook my head and decided to keep my smart remark to myself.

"You taking gun lessons now?" I asked him curiously as we closed the doors to the car and headed towards the entrance of the old building. I fixed my dress properly and followed right behind him with my Louis Vuitton bag in hand.

"Nah, I'm not. You are," he smirked and walked ahead of me. I found myself slowing down. I really didn't know a thing about guns other than that they're deadly and that I almost got shot by one. I could never even see myself shooting a gun, so the thought sparked an interest inside of me. Money spoke up, pulling me out of my train of thought. I hadn't even noticed that I'd stopped walking completely until now.

"You comin' shorty?" He was holding the door opened for me. I sighed and walked ahead and inside of the building. Actually being here made me become nervous at the thought of shooting. I witnessed shootings before, even held a gun, but I've never pulled the trigger to one. I guess there was a time for everything.

The inside of the building looked way better than the outside. There was showcases all over the room that displayed different kinds of guns in all shapes, sizes, and colors. The bigger guns were on the shelves behind the counter, along with vest and other things of that nature. I didn't even realize the man that was behind the counter until he spoke to Money.

"Money, my main man. It's been a minute since I've seen you around here." he said as him and Money exchanged a small hand shake and then his eyes landed on me. He smiled. "Ah, and whom is this beauty right here?" he asked eyeing me. I smiled to myself and shook my head.

"Aye, Lucky watch yo' self nigga. This my lady," Money barked at him as he looked around the room. The man, Lucky chuckled deeply as he looked at us. He was a nice looking man, brown skin, short hair cut and tattoos for days. He looked a bit up in age, but it was hard to tell.

"Damn, this you Money?" Lucky asked as his eyes roamed my body and he nodded in approval. I shifted from foot to foot under his gaze. I was clad in a burgundy Maxi dress that was slightly tied in a knot at the front. The dress itself hugged my figure like a second skin. I wore my hair curled down my back and gold accessories.

"Ain't that what I fuckin' said? Luck don't play me man." Money smirked as he allowed his eyes to roam my body too. I wanted to walk away from the both of their gazes, but I knew nothing about this place. I stayed in place as I looked around at all of the different things around here. It was actually a nice gun store.