Chapter 2, If everyone cared by Nickelback

Wilbur woke up at 6 am, the moon was still out as he got ready for work, he covered up his ragery brown hair with the blue beanie before starting the 15 minute walk to the bakery. He watched as a few crows seemed to follow him from the building roofs, one was holding something red while the other was holding some food. He arrived at the bakery just in time to start work.

At about 8 am the bell ringing, so Wilbur walked out of the kitchen to greet the guest "hello and welcome to Nikk-" he went dead silent as he made eye contact with #1 hero.
"Hey mate, sorry about this I'm just here for some coffee" Philza smiled and sat himself down in a booth hidden from the window, he didn't want people to know he was here apparently. Wilbur didn't respond as he knew his voice was familiar so he just ran into the kitchen to get the coffee made.

He came back out with the black coffee and a few things of sugar if Philza wanted them. He set them down silently before turning to run into the kitchen until he left.

"Hold on mate" Philza spoke in a strong but soft voice "come sit down, I don't think I've seen you around here before"
Not wanting to upset him or make him suspicious, Wilbur sat down across from Philza still keeping his head down

"what... Do you want to know? He cursed himself quietly for how shakey his voice is.

"Well for starters your name would be nice!"

Wilbur silently questioned how his voice was so cheerful "Wilbur... it's Wilbur"

"Well then Wilbur it's nice to meet you, now tell me a bit about yourself!" He
spoke with such confidence, disgusting.

"I don't have anything interesting about myself to share, can I go now?" He hated how it sounded like he was begging to leave

"Go right ahead mate!" Philza could barely finish his sentence before Wilbur bolted in back.

What Wilbur didn't know was that he just made Philza so much more curious about him and Whisper.

Wilbur was so close to snapping at this point, first Philza someone finding him at work and now these two crows refusing to leave him alone. His landlord is also close to kicking him out again which is really worrying, Nikki pays well but not well enough sadly. He decided to skip patrol tonight and run to the library to use one of their computers.

As he entered the library close to 10 at night it was almost completely empty, perfect. He handed the front desk his card and asked for a computer card for the night. They handed him one silently and continued to read their book. Wilbur walked over to the computer desk and sat down before starting his long struggle to find another place hiring.

An hour later he was still searching when another person sat down right next to him, they has black and white gloves and their face was covered in a black and white mask and a pair of sunglasses. This town is so strange but Wilbur didn't ask questions, as they both continued the young man spoke up

"so... What are you doing here so late at night?"

Wilbur was in shock that they spoke but answered anyways "tryna find a better paying job"

The strange man replied "I don't know if you have heard but the hero's are hiring someone for their paper work"

Wilbur froze at the thought before replying, "How much we talking?"

"Close to $30 dollars per hour"

Wilbur had to freeze at his words, 30 dollars per hour? That could cover his rent and so much more, he could do something with his life if he tried for the job. He sighed before replying "when are the interviews?"

He should have looked closer at the now smiling ender man.