Chapter 11

Despite knowing that I could never truly make Marcus happy, I knew that I had to try.

I would protect him from the Betas, even if that meant dying myself.

I worried, day and night, about when they would come for us. I knew it would be soon, but how soon?

A piercing shriek escaped my lungs as I shot up in bed, sweat slathered across my forehead and my chest breathing heavily.

Shock surrounded me when my arms were gripped from behind me.

After a moment I relaxed, melting into the comfort of my mates arms as they wound around me, gently slowing down my breathing.

He didn't ask what was wrong.

He didn't need too.

All week I had been waking up at the crack of dawn, ripping him out of his sleep with my torturous screams of anguish. 

He was more concerned for me than he was for himself, an alpha that badly needed all the sleep he could get.

I knew that my fear was spread among all of us, we would all have to face them. And now they knew that we understood.

To prepare for our inevitable reunion with the betas, Marcus kept us on a tight training schedule.

Not including myself, apparently.

Marcus wouldn't let me train, he told me I could help by keeping his mind free of having to worry about me, which obviously he would be doing if I was out there with him.

Not that I was happy about that.

I had one of the best advantages out there, I could manipulate fire.

"Marcus." I whispered, "You know I can help, please let me."

He shook his head, "No." He said firmly.

"Please." 

His eyes softened, "You know I can't let you do that."

We were stood in the middle of a clearing, along with Sam, Dave and Adam.

I turned away from him, "Whatever," I said, anger clearly lacing my tone.

"Rose, you know why you can't." he said, I could feel his gaze on me.

"What if someone finds me, wherever you put me?" I asked, turning to face him.

"That won't happen." He assured me.

"What if it does, and you come to find me, only to find my body, lifeless on the floor, mangled, blood gushing out like niagra falls-"

He growled, cutting me off, before he stepped closer to me and pulled me towards him, "No." he said it with finality.

"It could happen." I mutterd under my breath.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"I guess you want me to not be able to fend for myself, to die." I said, peeking at him through my hair and feigning a sad expression.

"No." He said, growling again and pulling me tighter against him. "Fine. You can train, but you are NOT fighting."

I smiled against him, I didn't care what he said. Nothing could keep me from fighting for my family.

I turned my attention to the three wolves fighting in the middle of the field. 

Sam and Dave were currently fighting, her short brown hair flickered back in the wind that was protruding from Dave, it was like a defense mechanism, though I could see from here that Sam was having to exert extra force just to keep herself stood infront of him.