Chapter 25

To put it simply, I was furious.

Furious that Mason was causing me to fight these innocent people.

Furious that he had led them to believe  that what they were doing was right.

I was careful not to harm any ignis members. After all, they were  still my pack. Part of who I was.

I spent my time focusing entirely on Mason. He was the only one that I really wanted to die.

Everywhere I looked there were wolves fighting. The ignis members had very little control over fire, and while the land bent nicely to their needs, I had bent it's will to share it's resources to Marcus' pack members by sending them energy through it.

I could see Marcus fighting, he was filled with rage; in turn I felt proud of him.

I had seen him fight before, but now, now he was putting absolutely everything he had into the fight, as though he was willing to die.

And that thought terrified me.

In all honesty there was little I could do here.

Yes, this was my own personally designed battlefield, but everyone here with one exception meant something to me.

As I saw Mason raise his arms to throw fire, I was fast to raise a wall of the black stone, blocking the flames.

Mason could not control fire like I could, but he could still conjure it to an extent.

He was put off for a second, having been advancing on the wolf as he approached, and smacked into the wall.

He growled at me then, before turning and shifting into his wolf.

I couldn't do the same, I was far more confident using my hands, my wolf and I didn't exactly get on. I didn't necessarily trust her not to lead me astray.

Mason charged towards me, and  I threw a ball of fire towards him, which he easily dodged.

I was well aware of the fact that I couldn't kill him with my flames.

To finish the job, I would have to shift.

But that didn't mean I couldn't weaken him first.

We were circling each other, our eyes glued to each others forms, our attention not wavering for a second.

The fight around us was blanked out, and then he launched himself at me.

I stuck out my hands ready, he seemed surprised when I didn't conjure anything.

Instead, as he landed on top of me I grabbed onto his fur and allowed my hands to painfully burn his flesh.

He howled out in pain, leaping off of me in shock.

I growled at him, watching him at a distance as he took steps back.

With that, I took a few steps back myself before running at him at full speed.

I ran straight into him, a loud crash that sounded like rocks colliding sounded in the flurry of fighting, he was knocked off his feet and back quite a few paces.

I ran straight for him again, slamming into him only this this time I took a leap at the last second. I landed on his back, crushing him into the ground and holding his neck down tightly.

He struggled for a moment before launching me off of him into the hard ground.

I stood immediately, growling at him in warning. In wolf form, he was stronger than me. But that couldn't be helped.