Chapter 24

I was practically seeing red as I stared at Mason.

He was staring at me, glancing at my attack stance with complete confidence.

It was the grin he flashed me that really set me off. I swiftly raised my hands but before I could do anything he simply raised his hand, a clear message telling me to halt.

"You don't really want to hurt these people do you?" He laughed.

I stood up straight again, eyeing him with uncertainty. I was still well aware that the portion of Marcus' pack behind me had yet to emerge from the tiredness that the transportation to this world required. Even Marcus still lay on the ground, his shallow breaths constant and reassuring.

It was just the two of us.

"What do you want from me Mason?" I asked, my hands burning hot just at his presence.

He smirked then, and began to come closer.

I didn't move away, not wanting my confidence to waver even for a second.

Besides, I knew he wasn't going to try anything. Not yet.

It may be weak, but as the Ignis Alpha and Beta, we had a subtle bond.

Stronger so, now he was here.

He stood a small step away from me, and reached up his hand, dragging it along the side of my face before it dropped to my neck.

I felt repulsed by his touch, but before I could retaliate, his hand gently touched my mark before dropping to his side.

It felt wrong for him to touch my mark. Repulsive.

"My my," He sighed, "You have been a little whore haven't you."

I growled at that, but he simply tutted, "Mating, I can smell him all over you."

"Exactly as it should be." I growled.

He shook his head, "You always were a bit of a whore, never quite fitting in with the times, other mates waited, but you never lasted too long after meeting your mate..."

"What are you talking about?" I hissed, "What do you mean I never lasted long?"

He simply sighed, "Once a whore, always a whore." And then he smirked, "Although I suspect the first time wasn't quite that enjoyable, but who knows? A little whore like yourself was probably enjoying it, enjoying the feel of the bond between you and your mate breaking."

My breathing increased, and I itched to send a wall of fire to knock him off his smug feet. But I managed to  restrain myself. I wasn't stupid enough to try and take him on alone. I couldn't kill him with my powers if I tried.

"My dear Seraphine, this time around you were meant for me. I couldn't believe my luck when you showed up, having escaped your mate, you were practically begging me to take you, right there and then."

I took a threatening step towards him, "You are wrong." I hissed, "There would have been no point in that, he didn't even get my powers."

He began to laugh then, so hard to the point where he was leaning forward and patting his chest, tears streaming down his face.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.

He lifted a hand and wiped a stray tear of laughter from his eye. "I know that, obviously. Do you really think we would leave real documented plans in one of the offices that you alphas knew about?" He laughed again, "We covered our tracks well I see."

"Then why?" I asked.

He reached into his pocket and flicked the small piece of moonstone into the air. Once again, I felt myself immediately drawn to it, my eyes glued to it.