Chapter 4

I wasn't sure what I'd been expecting, the whole thing was crazy.

I was currently in what they called the Ignis land, the land made of dark black rocks that came alive the moment I stepped on it.

I reached out to touch the gleaming rock closest to me, watching as it shimmered as though in anticipation to me touching it. 

As my fingertips met its unexpectedly smooth surface, the colour changed from a dark black to a luminious orange, as though it was glowing.

The Ignis pack was kind to teach me about the land. Although none of them could truly control fire, they all had interesting abilities which I was keen to find more about, judging by my excitement when they told me I would probably share their gifts, they too, were happy to impress me.

One particular pack member showed me that they could move rocks, which i found incredibly awesome.

"You just have to picture it moving, and it will." the member told me, his name was Dan.

"It's no use," I sighed, having pushed my mind too far, "I can't do it."

"You will!" He exclaimed, "See how it reacts to your touch?" I nodded meekley, "It's because of the bond it has with you, me, it only goes a nice gentle orange, you? Well I saw you earlier and i've never seen the rocks go so bright, even with all of us touching it."

I smiled slightly at the idea that my 'pack members' (I was still getting use to them being... mine?) had such a connection with the rocks, it reminded me of the mate bond.

"Do all the elementals have a connection?" I asked, curious.

"Oh yes," He told me, "Aquatics have good connections with liquids, they swim through anything with much less resistance than we would have, the aerodynamics are connected to the wind, i've seen them do all sorts with it. Then there's the natures, they have a similar bond with the earth to what we have with the rocks, when they touch it, it grows more... luschious?"

I smiled, and outstretched my palm, touching it to the rocks and watching, it was as though there was glass beneathe my palm, revealing the flames below it.

"It should do what you want it to do, it wants to please you."

I frowned at the odd concept, but concentrated again on lifting the rock, a line forming between my eyebrows.

"Try not to concentrate so hard, relax and let it happen."

I nodded, calming myself down.

I held my palm out, and gently, the rock began to lift.

Immediately a bucketload of anxiety and fear dropped onto my shoulders.

I began shaking, uncontrollable tears ran down my face.

What was happening?

"Rose? Are you okay?" I heard someone ask me.

I couldn't stop the horrendous panic creeping up at me.

And then I realised why this was happening.

It had to be Marcus. What else could it be? I was too far from him for the mind link to work, he must have realised that I had gone missing.

"It's okay... it's not me..." I breathed, "It's my mate."

I felt people helping me stand. 

I couldn't help but worry about Marcus, and I didn't doubt he could feel the worry for him that I held.

"How about we let you explore the other packs and meet the others?"

I nodded, I knew that if anything would distract me, that would.