Extra Chapter

So I was feeling nostalgic and decided to write another chapter of Ember, it doesn't exactly add anything new to the story but this is essentially just the first chapter of this book but written in the POV of Marcus.

Enjoy! x

Marcus's POV

Today was one of those days where I didn't seem to have the ability to concentrate. My wolf was pacing inside of me, he was restless and I wasn't sure why.

Usually it meant something eventful was going to happen. Like a rogue trespassing or another pack making a threat towards us.

But today was pretty ordinary, nothing could capture my attention for more than a moment. I had woken up this morning covered with a thin sheen of sweat, and I was feeling somewhat agitated.

This meant that I had gone out on a run almost immediately.

The feeling of running in wolf form -being at one with nature- usually exhilarated me, but today it did nothing to ease the growing feelings.

Just as I was deciding to give up, a tough voice cut through my mental barriers. "Alpha, your father has found a rogue that was trespassing, he wants you to join him in his office."

My heart was practically pounding at this news, this must be the reason for my agitation.

I shifted back quickly and made my way directly to my fathers (the alphas) office. I was the soon to be alpha, though I was waiting for my mate before I took over the position, knowing how important a luna was to the packs wellbeing.

As soon as I entered the building I froze.

My muscles had tensed up and my wolf grew silent. Something was about to happen. I knew it.

There was a slight hint of something in the air, something had changed, something was different. The most subtle thing in the world, it was almost like someone or something notable had come through here and changed something.

Remembering where I was meant to be going, I began to make my way to my fathers office, I tensed up more with every step but I couldn't just ignore my duties.

Finally walking into the room, the feeling of change was almost overwhelming but I tried my best to stay on top of the situation.

"I heard you had a rogue?" I asked, taking a great effort to sound casual.

I had been watching my fathers face, he nodded slightly and gestured to the seat infront of him.

I didn't look immediately. I wasn't sure why. It was as though I knew something was about to happen.

At that moment two things happened, I took in a deep breath of air, and I turned to face the rogue.

Her scent instantly invaded my lungs, filling them with a sweet scent that was intense but incredible at the same time. It was the single most compelling thing I had ever smelt in my entire life.

When my eyes rested on her, I immediately drank her in. She had bright red hair and a small frame though she wasn't too thin. She had small facial features that made her look that innocent type of beautiful. But judging by the expression on her face she looked almost... fiesty. Angry, almost.

Then I remembered why.

"Untie her!" I shouted, my gaze fixated on her.

"But Marcus she's a rogue!" My father turned to me in disbelief, practically sneering which I didn't take lightly.

"She's my mate."I exclaimed, not bothering to hide the adoration I already felt for her. I turned my eyes back to hers, sighing softly as I took her in. It was then that I noticed a blotchy red mark beginning to form on her cheek. "What is that mark on her face?" I gasped.

I lifted up my hand, intending to gently touch her face. Her expression seemed almost longing for a second before she flinched back.

My hand wobbled slightly before I retracted it, I knew that the hurt on my face must be pretty obvious but I didn't bother to mask it.

"I slapped her." My father stated.

Immediately I turned around, "What?" I hissed, trying to reign in my anger.

He blinked at me in shock, "She's a rogu-" He began.

I cut him off almost immediately, slamming my fist into his face.

He gasped and stumbled back, instantly going to cradle his face.

"Not anymore." I said, "Untie her." I commanded the guards stood by the door.

Her expression was of slight amusement as the guards untied her.

"Marcus! You can't just punch me!" He growled at me.

"Yes I can." I growled back, "I'll be alpha soon."

The girls face crumbled slightly in shock.

I then realised that for one thing I didn't know her name, and also that I didn't want her in the same room as my father anymore.

Without thinking I reached down and grabbed her hand, gasping at the sudden onslaught of tingles I felt as our skin made contact. "What's your name?" I asked, pulling her up.

She sighed, "Rose."

"Rose." I repeated, testing the name on my tongue. "I like it." I smiled at her.

"Great." She said sarcastically. I frowned, was she always like this?

"Ah Rose, she certainly was a firecracker, eh Marcus?" My father laughed, gesturing to the portrait of the old alpha family on the wall behind him. He reached up his hand to stroke the side of her face on the painting.

A sudden burst of heat erupted out and the painting was on fire,

I leaped back, pulling Rose with me.

My father hadn't gotten away quite so fast, hissing as he held his hand which looked burnt, "How did that happen?"

We both turned to look at Rose, who looked bored. "I'm all the way over here." She reminded us.

And in just a few short moments, my life had changed forever.

I had a mate, and though she seemed a little reluctant, I'd win her over for sure.