Chapter 8

As much as I didn't want to, I pulled myself away from Marcus, he seemed slightly dissapointed. I didn't doubt that he would think I would revert back to refraining from touching him now that we were back in each others presence.

Trying to reassure him, I reached out and held his hand in my own, as much as it stressed me out to be touching his warm skin, scared that I would make it severly warmer by igniting my flames, I was done resisiting. He was my mate.

He gave me a melting smile that made me completely forget about my fire problems and my fear of hurting him.

I gave him a small smile back before I felt the gentle breeze that told me the others were here.

Marcus' hand snaked around my back, holding me close to him as he let out a sigh of relief when I didn't move away, his other hand still clutched around mine.

I definitely wasn't going to be moving away, I couldn't think of anything more right than having his arms around me.

Sam arrived first, launching herself straight through the tree's towards us. Marcus took a small step back, dragging me with him, he seemed shocked at her ability to go through the objects. It seemed the laws of nature made exceptions for her.

Sam grinned at me, winking as she motioned towards Marcus' hold around my waist, he pulled me in tighter when she did that and she laughed. Though she was smiling, I could see the gentle hint of pain in her features as she took me in with my real mate, something she could never have.

I let me own smile drop and replaced it with sympathy, she narrowed her eyes, shaking her head and said "I guess we were wrong, your mate could get you out."

I smiled at her, "I wish we'd made a bet, I could be £10 richer by now."

She grinned back at me, "Never."

I smiled, but it was hard to talk to her when my mate's presence was right next to me, holding me, sending tingles up my skin.

It was then that we heard a gentle whoosh of wind, we all looked up and saw Dave in the air.

I could once again, feel Marcus' shock as he watched Dave literaly walk along the wind, he seemed to be gradually getting lower, and I noticed that as he walked, he was going down, as though he was walking down invisible stairs.

I let out a small smile at the weirdness of the situation.

He soon joined us on the ground, going over to Sam and holding her similar to how Marcus was holding me.

"Great, everyone's here, now lets start-" Marcus began.

"Marcus." I sighed, turning to face him, "We have to wait for Adam."

"Well he sure is taking his time." He grumbled.

"He doesn't have an advantage here, he can't run like the rest of us." Dave informed him.

Marcus seemed pleased with what he had been told, he seemed happy that Adam's abilities weren't as leniant as the rest of us had.

When Adam arrived he gave me a smile, causing Marcus to stiffen and hold me tighter.

I could only understand to an extent how he was feeling, his actions were driven mainly by his inner wolf, something that I did not have, and something I hoped I would never have to experience.

Just the thought of him dying made me clutch his hand just that little bit tighter, causing him to lean down and gentle nuzzle my head with his neck.

I gave him a small smile as he gently growled. I rested my head against him, knowing that his growl was not that of warning but of pleasure.

At first, I had been surpsied to feel the mate bond with a wolf, let alone an alpha. While I was technically a werewolf, what with my genes and all, I could not shift, I didn't have the stronger senses of a wolf, I had figured out that I must have an inner wolf, however she remained dormant. The only thing I had that made me a wolf was my scent.