Chapter 29

We were in the car at that point.

It was shiny black and was some brand that I'd never heard of, but it seemed to impress the other wolves travelling with us.

Wolves usually didn't really like to use cars, but they were often faster than us and when we needed to get somewhere quickly they were the best solution.

Not all of us could run using superspeed, I suppose.

We were driving to the natura pack, we had to destroy any remnants of it.

We didn't want anything like this to happen again.

Having left the pack, or joined ours, the remaining natura pack members no longer held any powers of their own, resulting in the severed bond with the alphas of the pack, so they no longer had a link to our gifts.

To many of them, this didn't affect them. Their gifts only worked with the lands, moving rocks or creating waves.

I wasn't too keen to say goodbye to it, but I knew it was necessary.

We couldn't let it happen again.

Myself and Marcus sat in the front of the car, he was driving, having learnt the way from the time he had to come and rescue me from the pack.

We finally arrived at the pack land, having spent hours in the car.

I hadn't realised how far away it was. When you had superspeed, nothing really seemed too far away.

A journey that had taken hours by car, had gone by in minutes at my speed.

When we got out of the car, I took in a sharp breath at the sight.

It wasn't just the feelings I had held for this land, to see a place so incredibly suited to me, I had wondered how they had got it so right. But now I knew.

Seeing the land now, it wasn't just the place I came to, to learn to control my powers.

Now, it was Seraphines home.

I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before.

Everything from the volcanic rock to the doted caves that cropped up every now and again.

But this place now held bad memories.

I told Marcus that I wanted to be alone for a few minutes. And my feet instantly took me in a direction I had never physically been, but knew the way to.

I found myself in a cave, furthest away from the pain packhouse that now resided on the surface.

I paused at the entrance, taking a deep breath but knowing I had to go in.

When I walked in, I already knew each and every crack and bump in the cave walls.

I went in slowly, willing myself to be strong.

This was the place where Seraphine and Dover had 'mated'.

It wasn't easily accessible, perhaps why Seraphine chose it to have their private talk, not wanting any pack members to hear and spread rumours.

I didn't doubt that anyone had even been here in centuries.

It was so faint that I could barely make it out, but from the way that barely any air circulated in here, and there was no rain to wash any scents away.

Perhaps I was imagining it, but I could just about make out the three faint scents of emotions mixed together, fear, arousal and something I could only describe as victory.

I couldn't bare to breath it in, perhaps the last remains of Seraphine, were in this room.

But now, Seraphine was well and truly gone.