Chapter 6

Despite my earlier epiphany, I was still doubting my decision.

I had promised myself that I would try to get rid of the thing seperating myself and Marcus. My element. Fire.

If I went with the ceremony, if I didn't mate Adam, I would be free to be with Marcus, my true mate.

However, I knew I couldn't do that. To do that would be to sacrifice all four of us, and that was something I could not do. Not to mention the countless lives that would be lost at the new elementals hands.

Confined to my cage, in order to quench my thoughts so that I would stop being so bipolar, I held my arm infront of me, twisting my wrist to and fro as I concentrated on the small flame.

Nothing would happen.

My only advantage, the only thing that made me special, had been stripped from me.

I was still unsure of how to react.

I hadn't yet found myself panicing, the calming aura that the others were presenting to me due to them having known, and been able to prepare for this event, meant that I was more relaxed.

"You don't have to do it you know." A voice whispered next to me.

I turned to face Adam in his cell, a gave him a small smile, "I know."

The cells were set out similar to our land. The entire room was circular shaped, split into four sections rather like a pizza. There was a small circle in the center cut off by an iron gate that encased the spiral staircase that lead to our freedom.

The cell's were so small that I could easily reach out and hold both Dave and Adam's hands, while they both held Sam's.

Once again, I turned towards the flame, desperate to gain control over it.

I allowed my thoughts to drift to Marcus, I couldn't imagine how crazy he must be going right now, I felt distant and alone, but I knew he would be worse. I did not have a wolf to affect my emotions, it was a wonder I had a mate at all.

Soon, he would not be my mate.

"How will we mate with the bars?" I asked, glancing at the iron gates that none of us were strong enough to break.

I saw Sam grin across from me, it had been two days since we had first been put in here.

That meant 5 days left.

I also knew that in order to allow us to mate, he would have to mark me the day before, and I had been informed by Dave that we would both need a day to rest afterwards in order to prepare for the ceremony.

That meant it would have to start in two days.

"You'll find that out when it happens." Sam told me.

Since being locked in here, I found that myself and Sam actually got on, when she wasn't blaming me for them losing their powers that is.

Time passed slowly as we sat in our cells.

There was nothing to do, nothing to distract us from fate.

My life seemed to be one whirlwind after the other, after only having known my mate for three days, I left to learn control, to come to the natura pack, that turned out to be against me.

Or at least, the beta's did.

And now, I was stuck in a disgusting cell, not even my powers could distract me, without them, I was at a loss.

I couldn't even mind link Marcus, he was too far for me to contact him.

That made me aware that he probably wasn't looking for me.