𝟬𝟯. 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗦, 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗦

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

THREE | DESPERATE TIMES, DESPERATE MEASURES

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE GAME HALL fell into a pandemonium.

Many of the players panicked and jostled against each other, frantically attempting to escape the bloodbath. Bullets came out from nowhere, piercing each moving player, causing a gaping hole in its wake that quickly filled with blood and gushed out.

Violent fountains of red came from their wounds as they were all murdered in front of her. Those who were behind her clamored at the doors and they were all shot dead as well. Soo-Jin screwed her eyes in fear as their shouts one by one died out. She could only imagine the pile of bodies stacked near the doors, their blood splattered like painting on a canvas.

Corpses, she had to remind herself. There were corpses surrounding her. Fuck. What had she gotten herself into?

The woman's ears rang from all the gunshots she heard and sweat slid down the sides of her face even in her eyes, burning them. Her body was itching to wipe it away, but stronly ignored it to survive.

The scent of death was everywhere. It permeated everything. It was impossible to describe, but it was a mix of rot, blood, excretion and a sickly-sweet horror that triggered her gag reflex until it was so stuck in her nostrils and pores that she realized it will now always be forever committed to her memory.

Soo-Jin had been involved in underground fights before, but this, this was different. This was no longer just a game or a tournament, it was a death game.

Elimination equates to death.

Fear and adrenaline ruled over her body and suddenly, it was like she hit the reset button and her brain came back online with her senses kicking on one at a time. She saw, heard, smelt everything around her, but she couldn't feel anything yet.

"I will now repeat the rules." declared the announcer, jerking Soo-Jin back to reality -- the game, to be exact. "You are allowed to move forward when "it" shouts out, "Green Light". Stop when "it" shouts, "Red Light." If your movement is detected afterward, you will be eliminated. I will repeat the rules again..."

Soo-Jin took a deep breath, the gears in her brain whirring again as it formulated a plan of her survival. She had been observing everything since earlier and as always, she was going to use that to her advantage. Why?

Because she was smart, talented, and determined.

"With that, let the game resume."

The young brunette didn't move even when the doll already said green light. She continued to stay still in her place, not because she was afraid, but because she was observing.