𝟭𝟬. 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TEN | WHEN THE CLOCK STRIKES ZERO

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SOO-JIN RAPIDLY TAPPED her foot against the smooth floor. Her fingers pinching her bottom lip as she waited for Gi-Hun and the old man to arrive. She was very relieved earlier when she saw her bestfriend's savior emerge from the door, grinning. They embraced one another, and gave each other a high-five for surviving the round. They were really going to be great friends.

Several players then came entering the room, each of them having blank, tired expressions. After all, they all almost died back there. The honeycomb game was very tricky for one wrong move may result to one's sudden demise.

Still, there was no sign of Gi-Hun and Player 001.

Her stomach seemed to rise to her throat as more players filed in and she clenched her fist. She gave her bestfriend a solution earlier and she could only hope he had accomplished. Sang-Woo and player 199 stood by her side, waiting for the rest of the team as well. Soo-Jin felt a sudden sickening sensation rise through her body, but then someone tapped her shoulder. Inclining her head, she saw Minjun offering a comforting smile.

"Ya, guardian angel, your friend's going to make it." he assured. "Don't worry -- oh, oh, look, there they are!"

"Sirs, you made it!"

Soo-Jin snapped her head to the door, breathing a loud sigh of relief when she saw Gi-Hun and his friend enter the room. Her heart pounded against her ribs and within seconds, she tackled her bestfriend and hugged him tightly.

"Gi-Hun! Oh, I'm so relieved you're alive!"

They both chuckled as he settled her down to the ground. "All thanks to you. You're the reason I got through this round."

Player 199 stepped forward, a genuine smile forming in his lips. "I'm glad you made it. I was really worried."

"Aish, it will take a whole lot more killing Gi-hun. Hah!" Her bestfriend wrapped his arm around Soo-Jin's shoulder, boasting, "I got Ssangmun-dong running through this heart, huh?

The old man chuckled, amused with Gi-Hun's humor. Soo-Jin and the foreigner turned their attention toward him. To be honest, she really felt relieved he was alive. She had a soft heart for the elderly and to see him be in a death game was breaking her heart. She couldn't imagine her own parents participating in this sick, twisted games. "Are you holding up all right here, mister?"

"I'm okay. Yes." He nodded, fixing his eyes on Soo-Jin. "All thanks to your sharp thinking. Gi-Hun and I are alive because of you. Your idea saved us, dear girl."

Soo-Jin's heart somersaulted and she reached out to hold his hand. "I am very glad you are safe, sir."

"I'm sorry. I was wrong to suggest separating."